Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

Wanting to get into the hobby

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

Wanting to get into the hobby

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 09:40 AM
Tankkiller308

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to get into the hobby

Me and a friend want to get into this hobby does anyone have an old ship either in ready to go form or needing minor repairs for sale. I've never battled ships before so we figured it would be better to start with something that works so we can see how it works. Another question is I saw a model boat from strike models for beginners it is the USS Hampton comes with everything but the radio and battery for 672 is that a good price?
Old 07-25-2015, 05:31 AM
Martellus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for your question, best bet for finding a used ship would be honestly, contacting clubs. For hobbies like this the majority of ship selling/trading seems to go out in clubs between people rather than online, particularly due to the large size of ships and shipping costs. Second best would be the forum I linked. I cant inform you of the price, but you will want to find a club with a ruleset you like before I would purchase anything, as that changes how it will be constructed and armed.

Last edited by Justaddwata; 11-26-2015 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Promoting another forum
Old 07-25-2015, 05:46 AM
Tankkiller308

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya your pretty right about it being dead and thanks for the link I'll start looking for clubs in my state