Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

Polk Tracker II/III

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

Polk Tracker II/III

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 06:07 PM
darkapollo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polk Tracker II/III

Ive been looking for good radios and I REALLY like the Polk Tracker III.
[link=http://216.86.38.243/POLKS/itemdesc.asp?CartId={181CDCF3-F83D-4CF5-8F12-8A026B2B577EVEREST1}&ic=PLK13026&eq=&Tp=]Radio[/link]

IF that link works.

I was thinking that I could use the rotational switches at the top for turret rotation and the switches will be changed to push button for firing.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:27 PM
Wreno

Default RE: Polk Tracker II/III

Darkapollo,[

The link, unfortunately, does not work. Maybe
link=http://216.86.38.243/POLKS/itemdesc.asp?CartId={C718CCC2-4A7D-4059-ADB5-EVEREST06D9626F74B3}&ic=PLK13026&eq=&Tp=]216.86.38.243/POLKS/itemdesc.asp?CartId={C718CCC2-4A7D-4059-ADB5-EVEREST06D9626F74B3}&ic=PLK13026&eq=&Tp=[/link]
will. If not, the catalog is at: [link=http://www.polkshobby.com/index1.html]http://www.polkshobby.com/index1.html[/link]

Using the knobs for rotation is great, if you are using proportional rotation (sail winch servos or geared rotation from the servos). Not so great if using non-proportional. I am a fan of proportional rotation myself.

A suggestion (if you are using the dials for rotation). Use the right stick for firing (Forward = Forward turrets, Back = Stern Turrets, and, if your ship has torps, L=Port Torps, R= Starboard Torps). Pretty intuitive. This means no changes to the TX are necessary. Or, if you really want to change the radio, instead of a pushbutton, just replace the right 3 position-off-on switch with a momentary on-off-on.

Wreno
Old 05-31-2006, 11:29 PM
Wreno

Oops, typo on the link - see if this fixes it.

Darkapollo,

The link, unfortunately, does not work. Maybe
[link=http://216.86.38.243/POLKS/itemdesc.asp?CartId={C718CCC2-4A7D-4059-ADB5-EVEREST06D9626F74B3}&ic=PLK13026&eq=&Tp=]216.86.38.243/POLKS/itemdesc.asp?CartId={C718CCC2-4A7D-4059-ADB5-EVEREST06D9626F74B3}&ic=PLK13026&eq=&Tp=[/link]
will. If not, the catalog is at: http://www.polkshobby.com/index1.html

Using the knobs for rotation is great, if you are using proportional rotation (sail winch servos or geared rotation from the servos). Not so great if using non-proportional. I am a fan of proportional rotation myself.

A suggestion (if you are using the dials for rotation). Use the right stick for firing (Forward = Forward turrets, Back = Stern Turrets, and, if your ship has torps, L=Port Torps, R= Starboard Torps). Pretty intuitive. This means no changes to the TX are necessary. Or, if you really want to change the radio, instead of a pushbutton, just replace the right 3 position-off-on switch with a momentary on-off-on.

Wreno
Old 06-01-2006, 12:50 PM
darkapollo

cool. Thanks for the info. Yeah the rotation will be proportional, and I was thinking of replacing the buttons on the top for fire since they will be at my index finger, when I said push button I ment a SPST momentary on-off button type. Minor modifications like that are quite simple for me. I thought it would be a good idea to use to rotation channels (trim channels?) because it will be easier to figure out which way the guns are pointing and being able to fine tune the rotation and such.
Thanks for the input again.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Umi_Ryuzuki

The only issue I see, is that Polk only lists radios for European frequencies, and US aircraft frequencies.
This could be a problem. Make sure you can get a system on 75mhz USA ground frequency before you place your order.

[sm=sleeping.gif]

Guess I could look at more than page one also...[&:]
Old 06-01-2006, 01:08 PM
darkapollo

heh, page 2 Umi... page 2...
Old 07-21-2006, 11:58 PM
aircoffee

I've got a polk tracker III and I love it. If your going to change over to push buttons for firing, try spdt momentary switches. By using these you can install a test circuit on each gun. I also highly recommend the team delta relays. I've got two rce220 units and they are perfect for gun activation or the bilge pump. I've also got a switch 8 for lights and other noncombat accessories. Don't use the switch 8 for firing, it's good, but it's too slow. The team delta relays react much faster, perfect for "fast gun" and should also be great for "Big Gun" too. Check www.teamdelta.com Now I just need guns. I ordered them in March from Battlers Connection, but due to order overload, I haven't gotten them yet. I may have to learn how to make my own.