Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

free plans....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

free plans....

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 08:39 PM
bonsaiboy123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default free plans....

anyone know where i could get some good, free plans? i'm just starting, and want to find a good free plan to start out with.
thanx!
peace!
Old 11-19-2006, 10:52 PM
barnstormerboats

Default RE: free plans....

The French Government has released line drawings for nearly all of its older combat ships. Very good detail on construction of the originals. Most ships have 18 or so pages available even though for a combats ship you only need the basic frames and superstructure.

Check out this link. http://www.servicehistorique.sga.def.../listebato.php

Some very cool ships in this list. The really cool thing about French ships is that for the most part they can fight either Axis or Allied. These "Flipper" ships are great to have on battle day as they can be used to even the teams.

I have a couple of these on my wish list for future projects.

Tim Jordan
Founder, Barnstormer Boats
Old 11-19-2006, 11:07 PM
C-Fraser..::HPI::..

Me too
Old 11-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Wreno

You might find some here:
[link=http://www.warship.get.net.pl/]www.warship.get.net.pl/[/link]
And some French Ships here: [link=http://www.servicehistorique.sga.defense.gouv.fr/02fonds-collections/banquedocuments/planbato/planbato/listebato/listebato.php]www.servicehistorique.sga.defense.gouv.fr/02fonds-collections/banquedocuments/planbato/planbato/listebato/listebato.php[/link]
Also, plans for the Iowa Class are one one of the Iowa Class Museum's Web Sites (the Missouri?)
However, please note: Many of these plans are of odd scales or may be otherwise less than usefull to you in you are not experienced. There are several sources of plans available specifically for the model builder in various scales, and they are not terribly expensive. Why not support the guys who are drawing the plans for you? Several purveyors are listed on the [link=http://www.ntxbg.org]www.ntxbg.org[/link] web site, as well as on many other's club sites (also linked). Also on the BigGunsModelWarship Yahoo Group.

And, your local club may have a library of plans.

Good luck,

Wreno
Old 11-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Wreno

Bonsaiboy123,

If, as indicated, you are from Newport News, VA, The Mid Atlantic group is close by (one member is probably less than 10 minutes away), and they can certainly help you get started. If you can find a local club, I would always recommend going there first for information and advice. They can also explain the plans to you. They may also be starting a build session, who knows. The Chesapeake Battle Group is not that far away, either.

As for BC, I don't know of a local club as yet.

Wreno
Old 11-20-2006, 05:16 PM
bonsaiboy123

alright, thanks, i'll probably start making one in early feb. and post my progress.
peace be the journey.

O, and thanks wreno.