Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

need help finding club!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

need help finding club!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Gunfun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help finding club!

Hello, i live in chandler airzona and cannot find a club to help me get started.
Dose anyone know of one in airzona?
Old 02-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Wreno

Default RE: need help finding club!

Not offhand. You might check rcnavalcombat.com (they have a club finder and links). There are also links on the www.ntxbg.org site. And the Yahoo.com Groups BigGunsModelWarship (for Big Gun) and IRCWCC (for Small/Fast Gun) might be able to help you. And, many of the clubs listed in the club listings in this section of RCU have links to other clubs.

Or, build a warship and transport, invite a friend to sail (and be your target), and soon you will have a local club. It is amazing how quickly they want to shoot back!

Wreno
NTXBG
Old 03-01-2007, 01:57 AM
kotori

Cal-Neva Combat Club (fast gun) has battles in both Central California and in Reno, Nevada. Western Warship Combat Club (big gun) is in San Jose, a bit south of San Fransisco. The South Coast Battle Group (big gun) is in Los Angeles, as is the Southern California Rapid Attack Patrol (fast gun). The North Texas Battle Group (big gun) is, as the name suggests, in Texas. There are no clubs in Arizona yet. You could be the first, like Wreno suggested. Do you have any friends who are interested? You might have fun looking at some other websites. You might even convince some of your friends to start a club with you by showing them these websites.
www.rcnavalcombat.com is a good place to get started, with a good photo gallery and forum for people of both fast gun and big gun clubs.
Good photos:
www.westernwarshipcombat.com
www.ausbg.org
www.queensown.org (note: the Queens Own battle in a larger scale than most clubs)
good technical articles:
www.ntxbg.org
videos:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=kotori87
Old 03-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Gunfun

thankyou. i know of 5 pepole who whant to and are planing to bettle with me. im shure that when outhers see that things like this acually exist thell get started. i think i might go for big gun rules.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:23 AM
johnmCA72

ORIGINAL: Gunfun

thankyou. i know of 5 pepole who whant to and are planing to bettle with me. im shure that when outhers see that things like this acually exist thell get started. i think i might go for big gun rules.
If you've got that many people that are seriously interested, then you've got a great start for a club! I started one once with just myself & another guy, for about 3 years before anybody else joined.

If you're interested in Big Gun, check out the Yahoo! BigGunsModelWarship discussion group (invite them to post something over here, maybe?).

You & 5 others - 6 total - probably all have different levels of interest. Somebody will probably have to become the "driving force" to keep everything moving along & everybody else motivated. Expect some turnover & plan for it. A couple of your group will probably decide that it's not for them after all. Get visible so that other people that you don't even know yet can see what you're doing. Make it look like fun, & people will want to join in. Even if you're not shooting yet, get into a regular schedule of just sailing around somewhere that people can see you do it. Activity breeds interest; inactivity breeds nothing.

Out of that many people, there are probably at least 2-3 of you that will have no trouble at all with the technical aspects of building & maintaining combat warships. Still, if you haven't seen it yourself, it can be a challenge the 1st time. When I started, with nobody else around to compare notes with, I ended up buying a used ship from somebody in Ohio just because I felt like I was at the point where I needed to actually see how certain things were done. From that ship I learned a few good tips, as well as a few things that I'd rather do differently. Although it's tough to tell what you're getting, buying a used ship can be a great way to get jump-started. You might consider pooling money (skin in the game helps keep everybody interested & motivated) to cut each individual's risk. I originally went 1/2 with another guy (& ended up buying him out later, when he decided that it was too much work). Take advantage of the online forums & ask lots of questions - the more detailed the better.

Good luck getting started, & keep posting your progress & questions!

JM