Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

Battleship for fighting

Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

Battleship for fighting

Old 09-22-2016, 01:53 PM
tiger17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battleship for fighting

Hello all! I've been using rc boats since I was a kid. I've recently started getting into battleships and specifically looking at battleship fighting. Problem is I have no idea what boat is good or not.

Anyone have any experience in this? I found this page: http://rcboatguide.com/rc-battleships/

But can't tell if the boats are suitable for it. Any help? Anyone know a good battleship for fighting that isn't to expensive? Preferably under 300$
Old 09-23-2016, 06:31 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

First off, you're not going to find or build a COMBAT LEGAL SHIP for less than three times the money you are looking at spending. Between buying or building a legal semi-scale hull with superstructure, installing the drive system with all the batteries, speed controller, motors, etc, the multichannel radio to control the ship as well as the gunnery system and, last but not least, the guns themselves, you could be looking as high as $2000+
Since I don't know where you're located, I can't send you to any one club or person, I'm going to direct you to this other website for further information:
rcwarshipcombat.com

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 09-23-2016 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:34 AM
tiger17

hello thank you for your help! Looks like i need to start saving up then.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:26 AM
The Saylors

those battle ships are cool but even a hull with no electronics that needs a ton of work can run in the 1k area. Saw a guy on here just a couple weeks ago with a fully metal 300lb one that was from the olden days and i think that's about what he paid. It was super cool (turrets fired .22 blanks, soooo illegal nowadays but still awesome). Its a discipline of the hobby that needs a crap load of commitment and even more money, not to mention time and space.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:44 PM
tiger17

Thank you saylors! I'll definitely have to start saving up then. I really appreciate all the help! Definitely need to look further into how to set up the whole thing.