Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

How to mount single barrel turrets?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

How to mount single barrel turrets?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:35 PM
brickhead179
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to mount single barrel turrets?

I want to get a magador class one ship. The ship requires one cannon total. Should i get a coil magazine gun or a straight magazine gun? And if either, how do i mount them to the hull?
Old 11-13-2008, 04:56 AM
kotori

Default RE: How to mount single barrel turrets?

Larger ships have more components to worry about, and are more complex to build and maintain. Smaller ships have less space and weight, requiring more expensive components and providing less room for error. Mogador is a very small destroyer. This means she has very little weight to work with, so you'll likely spend much more time and money fitting in all the components than on a larger ship. On the other end of the spectrum, a Yamato has so many guns that you'll likely spend all your time making sure they all fire when you pull the trigger. Somewhere in the middle is a balance point that is large enough to be easy to work in and simple enough not to overwhelm a person. Under the fast gun rules that are used by the club nearest you, heavy cruisers and battle cruisers of class 3 and 4 are considered to be the balance point.

There are many different clubs out there, with different rules. The two most popular rule sets are called Big Gun and Fast Gun. John, Wreno, and I are all big gunners, while the South East Attack Squadron is a fast gun club. Since the SEAS is the closest club to you that I know of, I suggest following their rules and getting in contact with them. To that end, I highly recommend going to the [link=http://www.rcnavalcombat.com/rcnavalcombat/forum/default.asp]RC Naval Combat forums[/link], where you can find members of the SEAS and other clubs with the same rules. They can provide advice specific to the rules you will be using.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:33 AM
Wreno

Default RE: How to mount single barrel turrets?

Since you are pretty new, you might want a sport overview that gives you some basic perspective. I might recommend the December, 2005 Servo Magazine article on the NTXBG web site -= [link=http://ntxbg.org/articles/servo20051rcmw.pdf]ntxbg.org/articles/servo20051rcmw.pdf[/link].

If you wanted go go Big Gun, there are a couple of clubs in the Baltimore/DC area (Chesapeake Battle Group) and Virginia (Mid Atlantic Battle Group) that could give you some advice.

However, since you are talking Units and Class One, etc., sounds like you are thinking Small/Fast Gun with SEAS in Georgia. I believe SEAS is MWC? If so, you might want to go to their web site at [link=http://www.modelwarshipcombat.com/index.shtml]www.modelwarshipcombat.com/index.shtml[/link]. It has tutorials in the How To section and local contacts in Georgia.

Cheers,

Wreno