Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

18-19 century Battleship plans ?

Can anyone give me plans for a battleship like this :

I found for a Galleon,Fregate but i need for battleship...if anyone can help will be just fine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq46483.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	1120238   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mh20533.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	1120239   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dj11551.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	1120240  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 16-17 century Battleship plans ?

Did they make "battleships" in the sail era?? sorry but every thing I have read about the sail era warships was about frigates and Galleons. No battleships, No destroyers or even Cruisers. Those came much much later.
    I believe the cripple stool is the Cadillac of the poopin stools!
    Larry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 18-19 century Battleship plans ?

Let's see... Ship of the Line... Line of Battle ship... Battleship... they all mean the same thing, its just that the term Ship of the Line was more popular in the sailing days. Whatever it is, they are the big nasties with lots of guns.

I have a collection of plans, including several multi-deck ships of the line. I even have a collection of hulls by Chapman, the most famous shipbuilder of his day.
    PM me your email (DO NOT POST IT HERE DIRECTLY) and I will email a list of plans to you.

I have only one condition: don't sell the plans. I got 'em all for free, and they'd better stay that way.
    There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don\'t, and those who just can\'t count.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ZeuSsss

Can anyone give me plans for a battleship like this :

I found for a Galleon,Fregate but i need for battleship...if anyone can help will be just fine
    From 17th to mid-19th centuries, navies (most notably British Royal Navy) used a rating system for warship. There were 6 ratings (first through 6th) with the top 4 being "ships of the line". Fifth & sixth rates were frigates. What you probably want to look for is "First Rate Ship of the Line". That would be what eventually evolved into the "battleship" in the late 19th century.

JM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There are lots of plans of French ships here:www.servicehistorique.sga.defense.gouv.fr/02fonds-collections/banquedocuments/planbato/planbato/listebato/listebato.php, though mostly 19th and 20th century. I seem to recall older ships in another section of the sit, but do not reemember where, exactly - might want to look around a bit. If you speak French, it might help, or use Google Translate, perhaps.

Good luck,

Wreno

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

10x, but i don't speak french and a google translete isn't help a much so it's hard to me to find it.(older ship plans)
    If u can post a direct link will be good

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry ZeuSsss, if Google Translate doesn't help then it looks like you'll have to find your plans the same way we all do: guess and check. Of course, if you know any ships by name that'll help speed the process.

Did you get my email with plans?
    There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don\'t, and those who just can\'t count.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dear Kotori,
    Yes, it is indeed a great thing to keep the plans free. Ihave a few plans, but I need to scan them, and Iwill quickly share them here.
    Until then, please, will you be so kind to send me the plans you have? Thank you in advance!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Okay, I just have to ask, are you looking for a true "battleship" or a "ship of the line" or frigate? I can go on, but to keep it brief, there were many different kinds of "battleship" in the late 19th century. To give you an example, here's some general types:
    wooden hulled with sails (think USS constitution, HMS Victory) http://www.sculptor-iangb.com/hms-victory.htm
    wooden hulled with sails and screw (think USS Kearsarge, CSS Alabama) http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/s...k/kearsarg.htm
    wooden hulled with metal armor, sails and screw (think HMS Warrior) http://www.solarnavigator.net/history/hms_warrior.
    armored casement with screw(think USS Merrimack/CSS Virginia) http://americancivilwar.com/tcwn/civ..._Virginia.html
    Monitors (no embelishment needed, I hope) http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/s...-m/monitor.htm
    Barbette ships with Monitor style turrets, sails and screw (think HMS Captain and HMS Monarch) http://www.battleships-cruisers.co.u...ptain_1869.htm
    Pre-Dreadnought with main turrets, screw drive and multiple sizes of secondary guns (think HMS formidable or HMS King Edward VII) http://www.worldwar1.co.uk/pre-dread...dward-vii.html

Okay, which do you want?