Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Warship Combat
Reload this Page >

Buckeye Battle Squadron Website

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warship Combat Discuss all aspects of R/C Warship Combat here!

Buckeye Battle Squadron Website

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 01:04 PM
OddballCAF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buckeye Battle Squadron Website

Hi guys,
Any chance of an update on the Buckeye Battle Squadron Website? I'm
very interested in seeing an up to date member list and currently working/in-production
ships, etc.. in the gallery area. It's currently showing "2007" as the last update
both on the main page and the "Our Build And Battle Schedule This Year" page.
If you've got monthly meetings, I'd very much enjoy attending one so that
I could see the current state of technology firsthand. Though I'm not
currently active, I can feel an "itch" comin' on. And if I were to hit the
lottery, who knows, maybe another Prinz Eugen might roll off the ways.

Regards,
Oddball
Old 01-22-2010, 06:32 PM
kotori

Default RE: Buckeye Battle Squadron Website

Hey oddball, ask about the Buckeye squadron on the R/C Naval Combat forum:
www.rcnavalcombat.com
that's where most R/C warship combat guys hang out online these days, and is probably your best bet for finding out.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:20 AM
OddballCAF

Hi Kotori,
My thanks for the response. I'll hit that URL you provided shortly. I see you're in CA.
Years ago when I first discovered RC Warship Combat, the first actual "contact" I
made was with a fellow over there. It was about as far away in the U.S. as I could
find since I was currently living in Massachusetts. Anyway, that's when Idiscovered
that not only was it a "niche"hobby, but it was also divided between "big gun"
and "small gun" enthusiasts, with the California guys doing "big gun" (1/4 inch ball bearingsand smaller)
I later found a relatively closer club down in Maryland which used only .177 caliber bbs and
that's the direction Itook.
It's tough as nails to get a club not only up and running, but to keep it active. It took me a full
two years to get my club started in the Boston area, and two years later, we had a total
of 5 captains, of whom 3 were actually pretty "active.
Hopefully you've got a large and active group of battlers where you're at.

Regards and good hunting,
Oddball
Old 01-24-2010, 09:21 AM
OddballCAF

Hi Kotori, My thanks for the response. I'll hit that URL you provided shortly. I see you're in CA.Years ago when I first discovered RC Warship Combat, the first actual "contact" Imade was with a fellow over there. It was about as far away in the U.S. as I couldfind since I was currently living in Massachusetts. Anyway, that's when I discoveredthat not only was it a "niche" hobby, but it was also divided between "big gun" and "small gun" enthusiasts, with the California guys doing "big gun" (1/4 inch ball bearings and smaller) I later found a relatively closer club down in Maryland which used only .177 caliber bbs andthat's the direction I took. It's tough as nails to get a club not only up and running, but to keep it active. It took me a fulltwo years to get my club started in the Boston area, and two years later, we had a totalof 5 captains, of whom 3 were actually pretty "active. Hopefully you've got a large and active group of battlers where you're at. Regards and good hunting, Oddball