Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Last Dreadnought USS TEXAS

Keri, Thanks for posting that link about Iowa, I was very surprised to see the community support. Really should carry some weight as most things of this nature are protested and this was not. Hopefully Iowa will find a new home. Certainly the docking is morebeneficialto the public thanscarpinghistory.

Alot of negative things are said about the south, one thing not often shown in apositivelight are the USS Texas, or the USS Alabama. Both these ships are maintained by private funding and are fine places to learn about america's unique History. Texas spent a year inDry-dockcompletely repairing her bottom to a solid,strong floating ship again. Her decks were reworked and the decks were replaced with wood and thecementdecking all removed.

USS Alabama is not just a great ship museum.also present are many aircraftincludinga B-52 and many WWII AIRCRAFT,an indooraviationmuseum and various types of armor on display it really is an exciting place to visit with many interestingexhibits.

If you here anymore about Iowa would you please post the information,thanks again Saxondog

http://www.ussalabama.com/ http://www.usstexasbb35.com/
    Saxondog-derogatory term for anglosaxon people often characterized by a heavy build and long brown wavy hair.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's the latest news on the Iowa from this past week.

http://www.thelog.com/news/logNewsArticle.aspx?x=11744
    The Port of Los Angeles Harbor Commissioner allocated a permanent berth in Los Angeles Harbor. Only a first step, but it is a good step.

http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_16682240
    Looks like the group from LA and the group from Vallejo submitted the 1000+ page application to the government requesting donation of the Iowa. Applications were due this Wednesday, and no other groups submitted a letter of intent. The Navy will review the applications and is expected to announce its selection sometime early next year.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Keri Morgret
    We don't have the Texas/New York, though we do have plans for it and it's on our list to build as there's a lot of interest in it.
    Keri, any update on offering a kit of the Texas?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mitchlandry

ORIGINAL: Keri Morgret
    We don't have the Texas/New York, though we do have plans for it and it's on our list to build as there's a lot of interest in it.
    Keri, any update on offering a kit of the Texas?
    It's still on our wish list, but has been behind other things like big gun cannons, and (most recently) relocating the business from California to Washington this month. There's no ETA on a kit for it right now. We have made improvements to a lot of our other kits though (and had the fun of being able to go on the USS Iowa when it was in the SF area and actually take some measurements first-hand).

Keri

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12