Go Back  RCU Forums > RCU Rules & FAQs > RCUniverse.com FAQ
Reload this Page >

SPAD BUHOR Handlaunch?

Notices
RCUniverse.com FAQ RCU''s most frequently asked questions.

SPAD BUHOR Handlaunch?

Old 08-30-2013, 08:11 PM
marmalade1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPAD BUHOR Handlaunch?

Hello,
I've only been flying 2 months and I'm hooked. I lost a trainer to a tree recently and quickly salvaged a host of parts for a SPAD BUHOR. I've got a O.S .46LA for power and have built the plane according to the plans. I have a few concerns as I consider a launch this weekend:

1) I'm running a 10x6 prop on the engine. This combined with landing gear extension blocks gives me about 2.5" ground clearance. I'm concerned this won't be enough in the grass at the airfield
2) I can't configure my tail gear ($15!) to turn, so it's castoring. I'm concerned it will be a nuisance while taking off.
3) My 4mm coroplast folded over the spar to create a triangular airfoil. It ought to work... but how well?

Which brings me to:

4) Is it possible to hand launch a 40 size trainer like plane such as the BUHOR?

This forum has been a great resource. Thank you in advance for your responses.