Go Back  RCU Forums > RCU Rules & FAQs > RCUniverse.com FAQ
Reload this Page >

Futaba 14SG Slave Channel Is Moving Asymectrical to Master Channel

Community
Search
Notices
RCUniverse.com FAQ RCU''s most frequently asked questions.

Futaba 14SG Slave Channel Is Moving Asymectrical to Master Channel

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 06:13 PM
hnmisousa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 14SG Slave Channel Is Moving Asymectrical to Master Channel

Hello, I am new to this group. I am having issues with a mix. I have a Futaba 14SG have created a mix with the rudder as the master and aux 1 as the slave. Aux 1 is for a separate nose gear servo. When the gear is down the nose gear servo is active and inactive when up, all that works. However, when I move the rudder stick right I get full deflection of the Aux 1 servo. When I move the stick left, it only moves 2/3rds of full deflection. The graph in the mix setup confirms what is happening. The rudder and aux 1 is not in any other mix. Any idea why I cannot get full deflection in both directions?
Old 09-27-2016, 02:22 AM
malcolmholt

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hnmisousa
Hello, I am new to this group. I am having issues with a mix. I have a Futaba 14SG have created a mix with the rudder as the master and aux 1 as the slave. Aux 1 is for a separate nose gear servo. When the gear is down the nose gear servo is active and inactive when up, all that works. However, when I move the rudder stick right I get full deflection of the Aux 1 servo. When I move the stick left, it only moves 2/3rds of full deflection. The graph in the mix setup confirms what is happening. The rudder and aux 1 is not in any other mix. Any idea why I cannot get full deflection in both directions?
You say that the graph confirms what is happening. Do you mean that it shows full deflection in each direction or does it show asymmetrical movement?

Have you looked at the servo monitor? What does this show?

If both values at the top of screen 1/2 of the Prog Mix are identical you should be getting identical movement so check the following.

In the End Point menu the travel should be set to 100 in each direction?

In the Function Menu there should be no control assigned to AUX1.

Are you using a programmable servo?

For nose gear steering you may find it better to use a point curve in the Prog Mix. This makes the steering far less sensitive around the mid point for take off and landing while still retaining full movement at high rudder deflections to aid taxying (similar to exponential). If you need help with this, please ask.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:42 PM
hnmisousa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your suggestion to use the servo monitor led me to the culprit. The dual rate function on the rudder did not have symmetrical settings so the rudder moved greater in right direction and less in the left direction. The mix was faithfully doing it's job. Thank you very much! You saved me from a lot of frustration.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:53 PM
malcolmholt

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you got it sorted. The servo monitor is always my first port of call whenever I do any programming. As well as letting you see what is happening it immediately identifies any rogue trim, sub-trim, offset and mix settings etc.