Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

130 CD idle problems

Old 08-21-2011, 02:45 AM
djay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 130 CD idle problems

I brought a RCV 130 cd a couple of years ago.
it sat in the box for a year before I put it in my YT spitfire.
The engine never idled properley from new, but I put this down to it being new.
The aircaft met its end with about 20 minutes of running on the engine, including ground run time.
when i transfered the engine to another model it just pumped out loads of brown gunge through the breather nipple at the front and would not run properly.
It was returned to Weston UK for overhaul.Who promptly sat on it for months despite repeated calls to them about it.
They said the bearings were all seized and thick with rust.The photos he sent me of the inside of the engine show bad corrosion in the castings as well.
This should not happen to a low hour engine and cost me a lot of money to have repaired.
Weston were informed of the bad idle at the time of repair, and when I got the engine back, fitted it to another aircraf tto test it, and it would not idle.
it runs at 2/3rds to full throttle only.
No matter where the high or low end needles are.
i have removed the carb, cleaned everything, lubed and sealed the O rings, set the low end needle up by the blowing down the tube method, and still it will not idle.
Now, when it gets hot, it refuses to start as well.
Plugs are OS F, loads of new ones tried.
Fuel is Byron, either 10 % or 15 %, sport or four stroke fuel ( all new).
Prop is 15 x 8.
Tried the engine in 3 different planes and still no good.
Weston will not even answer my emails regarding what he did to the engine, or what can be done about it.
Any ideas as to how I can get this thing to idle?

many thanks

Darryl