Community
Search
Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

58CD troubles

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 01:02 PM
RafalePilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 58CD troubles

Hi all,
I have some troubles with my 58CD engine :

when I start it, everything is fine for about 2 minutes : idle in 2700-3000 RPM range, high rev at 9200 RPM, propeller Graupner 12x6, fuel is 10% nitro 5% castor 12% synth oil.

after 2 minutes running, the noise changes suddenly and becomes louder, idle RPM is going lower and the engine finally quiets. To keep it running, I have to set idle to 4000 RPM. It looks like a temperature side effect. If I let it for cooling and start again later, the same scenario occurs.

Do some of you RCV users had the same troubles and what was the reason / solution ?

Many thanks for your replies.

Bernard

Old 07-18-2005, 02:11 AM
RCV Engines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 58CD troubles

Hi Bernard

I am pleased you contacted us. From what you are describing it sounds like there may be a bearing tolerance issue which could allow the bearing to turn in the cylinder causing this noise. We have seen this on a few occassions and this can be resolved by returning to our US service centre for repair.

Have you returned your warranty registration form yet? If so please email me your name and address and I can issue you a warranty log number. If not, please also include on the email, the serial number of your engine, date and place of purchase.
Email: [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you
Best regards
Laurenne