Community
Search
Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

rcv-91cd stripped exhaust threads

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 02:58 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rcv-91cd stripped exhaust threads

Hi,
I need some help with a problem on a rcv 91cd engine.I bought this used on the rcu market place for what I thought was a good price.I recieved the engine today and it seems to be in good running condition but the threads in the exhaust port that hold the muffler are stripped.I can literally just push the muffler into the opening,obviously there is nothing ther to hold it in place.Is there helicoil that can repair this or some other method that will do the job?what is the cost of a new crankcase in the U.S ?I would like to keep this engine but it does need the muffler.I am in no way blaming rcv engines for anything,it was obviously over tightened at some point in it's life.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:28 AM
DeepSouth
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rcv-91cd stripped exhaust threads

I had the same issue on a Saito 125 . I sent it to Clarence Lee and it was repaired and returned in a week for $28.50 . He installs a fitting in the exhaust port which is threaded to accept your header pipe. He may charge a teardown fee if you don't send him the head only. I would call for particulars. Good luck!

Chris

C.F.Lee Mfg.Co.
10112 Woodward Ave.
Sunland, CA 91040
(818)352-3766