Community
Search
Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

Old Sterling Stearman PT-17 kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Brickhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Sterling Stearman PT-17 kit

Please if you can help. What RCV engine should I use in an old Sterling Stearman PT-17 biplane kit I am building? Wingspan is 65 1/2 inches and length is 50 inches.The suggested engine size from the plans are a 2-stroke .56 to .65. I am sorry but I don't have the weight of the plane. I was looking at the RCV 90 SP to sort of hide the power plant and expose more of the dummy engine, but I was afraid of the prop selection maybe to large? I hope someone is familiar with this oldy but goody as I would really like to use a RCV and utilize the smaller dimensions.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:36 AM
Brickhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old Sterling Stearman PT-17 kit

Well I went ahead after much thought and patience and bought a RCV 60-SP because of it's weight and length plus it's abilities. I will use an APC 15x12W propeller and concentrate on safe weight reduction of the plane.