Community
Search
Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

TF Corsair with 120SP maiden video

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Joe Lott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF Corsair with 120SP maiden video

I had an experienced flyer friend maiden my highly modified Top-Flite Gold Edition Corsair about a month ago. It's stuffed with lots of goodies and is very heavy. We shot some video of the flight and I sent it to Juice for editing. He did a fantastic job cutting out the really rough spots and setting it to music. The plane features the 120SP turning Juice's custom designed 1/8 scale prop hub and SoloProp 18" blades, Sierra rotating retracts with operational gear doors and retractable tailwheel, rotary aileron drivers, panel lines, and is glassed and painted. All of this is heavy, and at over 13 lbs., I didn't know how it would fly. Juice posted it on the warbirds forum, but I wanted fellow RCV owners to see this engine in action. Check it out.

[link=http://www.rcuvideos.com/video/Corsair-Maiden-Flight-Crash-Hap]First flight[/link]

This is my first time linking on this forum, so I hope this works.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:15 AM
mboland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TF Corsair with 120SP maiden video

That's a mighty fine looking Corsair you have built. I followed the thread for some time while I built TF Corsair and it came in at 6kg (13.2lb) and if anything I think it helps it fly in a more realistic manor.
You DO have to stay in front of the plane every second of flying though.
Interestingly enough I started with an RCV 120SP in the Corsair and they are a great engine, pulls it round like a freight train.
Unfortunately I had 2 engines fail and ended up sending them back.

Real glad to see you only had minor damage and it will fly again.

Many happy landings

Mike