Community
Search
Notices
RCV Engines Support Ask RCV Technical Support all your RCV engine questions!

RCV 91-CD Idle & Tuning Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Flight 21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCV 91-CD Idle & Tuning Issues

I could use help with some tuning issues I am having with my RCV 91-CD. I just can;t seem to get it tuned to my satisfaction. First, I have come to notice that when I apply inward pressure to the throttle barrel the engine smooths out nicely. Vaccuum leak? Attached is a pic to illustrate what I mean. Second, when tuning the idle needle I usually end up with it unscrewed only around 1 turn. The factory setting is 2 1/2 turns out (with throttle closed) - and it seems to me that is quite a huge difference between my seeting and factory settings. The main needle also has quite a difference, but not quite a huge as the idle needle. Can anyone tell me where their needles are at proper tuning?

Thanks for any help...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77817.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1322084  
Old 11-28-2009, 09:06 PM
bugerdup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCV 91-CD Idle & Tuning Issues

Hi, How long have you run the engine? what are your tach reading at idle and top speed. A base line to start with is having a 1/16'' opening in the carb at idle.