Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Volcano S30 No power to rear wheels

Hi, new to the hobby and looking for some help.

Got a 1/10 Nitro Volcano S30. Been running for about 4 months now. Mostly run it in the backyard on grass. Recently ran on the street and it was running fine. All the sudden, it just would not move.

My front right dogbone is missing which I knew and was going to ordera new one.

My rear wheels have no power. Both dogbones are in tack. When I give it gas, they both spin but the second I put it on the pavement, no go. I was thinking it has something to do with the differential?

If I manually turn both wheels in the same direction, the transmission shaft dogbone will not turn. So could it be something with the transmission? Is there something else I can check to be sure? I've taken the rear section off but not sure what to look for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Volcano S30 No power to rear wheels

Most likley it is a loose grub screw on the rear drive cup or and internal problem in the diff...
    Redcat\'\'s a-plenty,savage XS,2 Savages,1brushless XL
    Sprint2, Blitz, Terra Crusher,ast. planes, helicopters and a LOT more!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The rear drive cup is in place and turns easly.  Looked at all the screws and they are all tight and I'm not missing any.  Should I just replace the rear differential?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Also, if I turn 1 wheel, shouldn't the other turn in the opposite direction?  It's not doing that anymore.  When I turn the rear drive cup manually, it seems 1 wheels turns faster than the other.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Solved.  It was the grub screws on the rear ax by both tires.  Thanks for the suggestions.  Now, need a front wheel alignment.  Any ideas?