Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Pullstart / Electric start...mount plate?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Pullstart / Electric start...mount plate?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 02:15 PM
slapohmama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pullstart / Electric start...mount plate?

Hi,

Not sure exactly what you'd call it. But for my Earthquake 3.5 - it seems that the plate that the 4 screws go into to hold the backing plate in place is stripped. The screws wont tighten in it.

I looked through the redcat parts page, but I can't seem to find this little plastic plate?

Any info is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:17 PM
foxys

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Pullstart / Electric start...mount plate?

You need this: http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/Redcat-Parts/TE1219
Old 12-18-2010, 03:58 PM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pullstart / Electric start...mount plate?

Yes that is thecorrectpart you need but first why is it stripped? the reason I asked is because this part does not have the threads on it screw down the threads are in the engine block. So if the block is stripped then getting a new backplate will give you the same problem. Are you sure just not your screws maybe have stripped out? Check first with another screwfirstto see if it will hold in the engine block in the back. I will be very hard to strip the threads in the engine block.