Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why do people recommend 87mm dogbones for the Tornado s30??

Isaw them recommended bought 3 packs for back ups. Tried them in the rear they did not fit. Only way to make them fit was to widen the back end alot. They were to tight and would not alow the shocks to work.

Front seemed like it had more room but I tried them up there and same thing they dont allow the shocks to work because they are too tight. Ijust wondering why so many people recommend the longer dogbones that dont work??

RE: Why do people recommend 87mm dogbones for the Tornado s30??

Where there any little "o" rings in the drive cups?? If so, the longer bones probably wont fit? Anyway, here's the story..   When they first started shipping the S30's they used 84 mm dog bones on the wheels, and they had a tendancy to fall out if the suspension compressed while the wheels were turned.. This was mainly a problem on the fronts.. Anyway, to fix it, they started putting little "o" rings inside the drive cups, (One in the wheel cup and one in the diff cup) so it'd keep the dogbones centered (and not let them fall out)  Anyway, the longer dogbones came out in the meantime, but they're really not needed.. Since you have spares, go ahead and use em', but make sure there's no "O" rings in the drive cups.. Also, you can try loosening the ball screws "a little" where the hubs meet the A Arms, to lengthen them and free up your suspension.. Just dont over do it, and make the connections weak.. Once ya use them up, go back to the 84's, and remember to use 1 small "o" ring (or 1mm slice of fuel line) in each drivecup.. If you dont have them already, get the O rings for the shock shafts.. Have at it!
    Mick Nesevitch