Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

redcat support

Noob here, so please excuse any posting etiquette issues. Just got back into RC cars recently and checked out Red Cat racing products. They seemed to be pretty cool and a great way to get back into RC with my sons(heli's were WAY to dangerous for a 10yr old). Ordered a Caldera 10e, first pack and the steering servo blew its guts out. contacted RCR support and withing 24hrs had a response to send them the bad servo and they would fix or replace. I know some might poo poo the quality of the initial servo, i say if your gonna by ANY electronics, you might get a bad part( it happens, why else do we have lemon laws?). Just wanted to give a kudos to support staff(Billy) for a quick response, and great service after the sale.

+1 for RedCat racing

Also, that truck is fantastic

+1 for RedCat Racing

thanks for letting me rant

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: redcat support

That's great Man, Another happy customer!

Redcat is really getting their name out there in a good way! Wasn't to long ago that everyone was considering them as very low end RC's but I believe they are a great mid range to high end ( depending on model ) RC manufacture!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They have been a great company in the year I have been racing and selling them. Yes billy is great at redcat glad they took care of you right.
    Team Anaconda R/C Racing
    http://www.teamanaconda.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah very happy with everything. Now i have to get 3 more for my 3 boys!!!!! Do have another question though, what about hop ups?? tires,rims, aluminum A arms,etc??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There all available, I got quite a few on mine, But wanting to deck tho whole thing out in aluminum upgrades! lol.. You can find them on the Redcat site and.. Oh now I'm drawing a blank... shoot..lol.. I know there's a couple other sites, Maybe some of the other guys in here will post some.. Or You can just google it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

URCHobby.com is where Iget all my stuff from...
    Redcat\'\'s a-plenty,savage XS,2 Savages,1brushless XL
    Sprint2, Blitz, Terra Crusher,ast. planes, helicopters and a LOT more!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for all the help!! i'll check out urchobby, and there always is redcat's home page. it appears that caldera 3.0 parts fit as well??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so glad! hope your son enjoys one of our newest products! it has lots of great features when he starts wanting to race show him some of the great added features like the slipper cluctch and suspention tuning options. tell me how it goes!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

will do!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

got the servo today and installed. WOW!!! This thing rocks!! Ran 3 battery packs through it, crashes, flips, cartwheels, you name it it took it. including 3 boys(and myself,haha). thanks a ton Billy and Redcat racing. The Caldera 10E is a great basher.

rcrazer, maybe i'll try to get some pictures of my boys beatin' on this thing, Northeast weather is about to hit. So lots of mud coming!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rcreg6

got the servo today and installed. WOW!!! This thing rocks!! Ran 3 battery packs through it, crashes, flips, cartwheels, you name it it took it. including 3 boys(and myself,haha). thanks a ton Billy and Redcat racing. The Caldera 10E is a great basher.

rcrazer, maybe i'll try to get some pictures of my boys beatin' on this thing, Northeast weather is about to hit. So lots of mud coming!!
    Billy at redcat is a great guy. He knows redcat cars inside and out and a great guy.

Team Anaconda R/C Racing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Earthquake 3.0 1/8 Scale Nitro Monster Truck

When I turn on the Hand controller and the Truck, I have NO steering controls on the Truck. I do have brake, and throttle controls but when the steering nob is turned, nothing. Truck and Hand Controls have fresh charged batteries. I think it's the Hand Controller because when you move by hand the front wheels and turn on both controller and the Truck. The steering moves to the center position at that time. Any Ideas? 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its probably more then likely the sterring servo has gone bad. Go to the receiver and remove the wire that goes to the throttle servo and put it in the sterring servo on the receiver. It it works the throttle the sterring servo has gone bad.
    Team Anaconda R/C Racing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

redcat support

I did what you said,nothingworks on Ch1# receiveron Truck. You pluginto Ch2# and everything works, steering throttle brake, so it's my guess the Channel1# gone out.This Truck is straight out of the Box from Redcat.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm a noob here to, bought a Redcat Ground Pounder(abortion case). After 25 years returned to RC for my sons sake, but I'll be packin it in. I have a Ground Pounder thread in the monster truck forum.