Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

redcat support

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 11:17 AM
rcreg6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redcat support

Noob here, so please excuse any posting etiquette issues. Just got back into RC cars recently and checked out Red Cat racing products. They seemed to be pretty cool and a great way to get back into RC with my sons(heli's were WAY to dangerous for a 10yr old). Ordered a Caldera 10e, first pack and the steering servo blew its guts out. contacted RCR support and withing 24hrs had a response to send them the bad servo and they would fix or replace. I know some might poo poo the quality of the initial servo, i say if your gonna by ANY electronics, you might get a bad part( it happens, why else do we have lemon laws?). Just wanted to give a kudos to support staff(Billy) for a quick response, and great service after the sale.

+1 for RedCat racing

Also, that truck is fantastic

+1 for RedCat Racing

thanks for letting me rant
Old 10-30-2010, 12:19 PM
buggyboy2010

Default RE: redcat support

That's great Man, Another happy customer!

Redcat is really getting their name out there in a good way! Wasn't to long ago that everyone was considering them as very low end RC's but I believe they are a great mid range to high end ( depending on model ) RC manufacture!
Old 10-30-2010, 04:44 PM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have been a great company in the year I have been racing and selling them. Yes billy is great at redcat glad they took care of you right.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:43 AM
rcreg6

Yeah very happy with everything. Now i have to get 3 more for my 3 boys!!!!! Do have another question though, what about hop ups?? tires,rims, aluminum A arms,etc??
Old 10-31-2010, 09:11 AM
buggyboy2010

There all available, I got quite a few on mine, But wanting to deck tho whole thing out in aluminum upgrades! lol.. You can find them on the Redcat site and.. Oh now I'm drawing a blank... shoot..lol.. I know there's a couple other sites, Maybe some of the other guys in here will post some.. Or You can just google it.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:16 AM
billymare

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

URCHobby.com is where Iget all my stuff from...
Old 10-31-2010, 02:31 PM
rcreg6

thanks for all the help!! i'll check out urchobby, and there always is redcat's home page. it appears that caldera 3.0 parts fit as well??
Old 11-01-2010, 01:29 PM
rccrazer

so glad! hope your son enjoys one of our newest products! it has lots of great features when he starts wanting to race show him some of the great added features like the slipper cluctch and suspention tuning options. tell me how it goes!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:45 PM
rcreg6

will do!!
Old 11-08-2010, 08:33 PM
rcreg6

got the servo today and installed. WOW!!! This thing rocks!! Ran 3 battery packs through it, crashes, flips, cartwheels, you name it it took it. including 3 boys(and myself,haha). thanks a ton Billy and Redcat racing. The Caldera 10E is a great basher.

rcrazer, maybe i'll try to get some pictures of my boys beatin' on this thing, Northeast weather is about to hit. So lots of mud coming!!
Old 11-09-2010, 01:00 PM
rchobbyunlimited

ORIGINAL: rcreg6

got the servo today and installed. WOW!!! This thing rocks!! Ran 3 battery packs through it, crashes, flips, cartwheels, you name it it took it. including 3 boys(and myself,haha). thanks a ton Billy and Redcat racing. The Caldera 10E is a great basher.

rcrazer, maybe i'll try to get some pictures of my boys beatin' on this thing, Northeast weather is about to hit. So lots of mud coming!!
Billy at redcat is a great guy. He knows redcat cars inside and out and a great guy.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:40 AM
DoGGY54th

Earthquake 3.0 1/8 Scale Nitro Monster Truck

When I turn on the Hand controller and the Truck, I have NO steering controls on the Truck. I do have brake, and throttle controls but when the steering nob is turned, nothing. Truck and Hand Controls have fresh charged batteries. I think it's the Hand Controller because when you move by hand the front wheels and turn on both controller and the Truck. The steering moves to the center position at that time. Any Ideas? 
Old 11-22-2010, 01:37 PM
rchobbyunlimited

Its probably more then likely the sterring servo has gone bad. Go to the receiver and remove the wire that goes to the throttle servo and put it in the sterring servo on the receiver. It it works the throttle the sterring servo has gone bad.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:54 PM
DoGGY54th

redcat support

I did what you said,nothingworks on Ch1# receiveron Truck. You pluginto Ch2# and everything works, steering throttle brake, so it's my guess the Channel1# gone out.This Truck is straight out of the Box from Redcat.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
fullbore55

I'm a noob here to, bought a Redcat Ground Pounder(abortion case). After 25 years returned to RC for my sons sake, but I'll be packin it in. I have a Ground Pounder thread in the monster truck forum.