Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to use a 2 speed tranny and/or a sh .28 in a Volcano S30?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Is it possible to use a 2 speed tranny and/or a sh .28 in a Volcano S30?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 05:07 PM
buggy dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible to use a 2 speed tranny and/or a sh .28 in a Volcano S30?

HeyI'm looking at getting a Volcano S30. It has a 1 speed tranny in it, I'd like to know if I could upgrade that to a 2 speed. I'd also like to know if it is possible to mount a Sh .28 motor on it. Thanks!

Old 11-01-2010, 05:35 PM
UrcHobby
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Is it possible to use a 2 speed tranny and/or a sh .28 in a Volcano S30?

You can put a tornado 2 speed in the truck but the thing is it will loose it's bottom end power. In a truck you really want to have good lower end performance. I will not say you can't put a .28 because I have seen people put bigger motors in them. It is not a drop in thing that can be done very easy. Normally people that I see putting bigger motors in the volcano are stretching the truck to make room for the bigger motor, There is a old post on here on RCU that someone put a big block in a Volcano. It can be done but you will need to do a lot of mods to it ( i.e. make the rear drive shaft longer, stretch the chassis and find a set of motor mounts that will not mount the motor too high)
Old 11-01-2010, 08:54 PM
buggyboy2010

Default RE: Is it possible to use a 2 speed tranny and/or a sh .28 in a Volcano S30?

Sorry to jack the thred, But wanted to know if I can put a 1 speed in My Tornado? I thought I heard befor its possible, But not 100%, And if so, Any "major" mods needed to be done?

ORIGINAL: UrcHobby

You can put a tornado 2 speed in the truck but the thing is it will loose it's bottom end power. In a truck you really want to have good lower end performance. I will not say you can't put a .28 because I have seen people put bigger motors in them. It is not a drop in thing that can be done very easy. Normally people that I see putting bigger motors in the volcano are stretching the truck to make room for the bigger motor, There is a old post on here on RCU that someone put a big block in a Volcano. It can be done but you will need to do a lot of mods to it ( i.e. make the rear drive shaft longer, stretch the chassis and find a set of motor mounts that will not mount the motor too high)
Old 11-01-2010, 11:51 PM
UrcHobby
My Feedback: (2)

Yes you would need to use the Shockwave trans and clutch bell to make your tornado a single speed here is the parts needed.

TRANS http://urchobby.com/proddetail.php?prod=05126

CLUTCH BELL http://urchobby.com/proddetail.php?prod=08011
Old 11-02-2010, 12:43 PM
buggyboy2010

Perfect! Ty man!, And You ship to Canada right?

ORIGINAL: UrcHobby

Yes you would need to use the Shockwave trans and clutch bell to make your tornado a single speed here is the parts needed.

TRANS http://urchobby.com/proddetail.php?prod=05126

CLUTCH BELL http://urchobby.com/proddetail.php?prod=08011