Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

*Official* Caldera 10E Video, Picture And Discussion Thread

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

*Official* Caldera 10E Video, Picture And Discussion Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 11:24 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: *Official* Caldera 10E Video, Picture And Discussion Thread

ORIGINAL: Allnighters

Just had to vent. Kudos to their warranty though, liftime on electronics. They are sending one wheni get this one sent back. Hope it is b 4 x mas. I did research it and knew off the problem but wow a whole two minutes? Crazy.I wish they were compatible with 11.1 volt lipos though. I fly helis and love lipos for them but trucks take a beating. lipos do not like that too much. Is what the difference between hard and soft packs? Does anyone know if these will handle the 8.4v nimh packs? This brand is new to me. Any help is appreciated.
i use soft pack lipos in all my truck! my redcat volcano pro, tornado pro, emaxx ect. my tornado i regularly jump 8-12 feet in the air! as long as the battery bar is tightly down on the pack so it cant wiggle about it will be fine.
for extra safety, you can put a piece of velcro on the lipo and on the underside of the battery bar. that will provide extra holding power and alittle bit of cushion. sometimes i do add alittle electrical tape on the ends. anyway, i have never had a problem running soft lipo packs in my trucks...just like the ones in the pic. best part is that these packs only cost like $30!

and yes, the ESC will handle 8.4 nimh. but you will probly get the same performance out of a lipo like the one pictured!
Old 11-24-2010, 12:36 AM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes they do replace parts quickly you should have it well before christmas i hope there christmas rush does not make it take longer for you. Because boy do they get busy this time of the year.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:24 AM
ITS ME DAVID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any more pictures of videos of there caldera 10
Old 11-25-2010, 05:09 AM
rcreg6

Using the stock Nimh and i bought 2 more nimh batteries. i get about 45 min of run time for the 3. i know people say go lipo, but these are plenty fast for me and my boys for now.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:10 PM
ITS ME DAVID

Aslong as there happy
Old 11-28-2010, 04:37 AM
Allnighters

Update, Ebay stepped in and made the company refund my money due to the fact that they stated "you would have had to put batteries in it to detect problem" Sounds if they new it was defective prior to selling it! Ok I ordered the same think from Kurt @urc Sounds like he is the go to guy. Next is my turn, looking at a Earthquke 8e. Any advise/suggestions?
Old 11-28-2010, 10:15 AM
ITS ME DAVID

Good u got that worked out. Kurt is a good guy and urc is a good shop. Earthquake 8e looks really
Impressive I would get it check out vids on YouTube for it
Old 12-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Allnighters

New caldera in and its a new model, new tires, and relocated the esc. Will try to post a cpl pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94111.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	1531649   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85429.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	1531650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30786.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	1531651  
Old 12-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Allnighters

Pics too big. I did order a earthquake 8E too. Looking forward to some help with it.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:40 PM
ITS ME DAVID

Any more piks
Old 12-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Allnighters

not yet. Will have some soon.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:11 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

i have been meaning to ask, is that battery hold down good? does it keep the battery in place, and is it easy to get the battery in/out?
Old 12-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Allnighters

Stock battery is loose in the holders but seems to stay in place. nice thing is it is roomy so if you upgrade to a larger battery it will fit as long as it is the same length. a little velcro will definatly help.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Ron E

I just ordered 1 today... i've got 4 5200 30c 2s lipo's and a new steering servo ready. thanks for the pic's, i'm a little bummed about the tire change... i like the older style better. oh well, it still looks like a lot of truck for the money.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Allnighters

I ordered mine from Kurt @ urchobby and it shipped from manufacturer. You may get the older style but not sure. I know Kurt was expecting a shipment this week. I ordered a Earthquake 8E from him and can't wait.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:55 PM
billymare

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ron, where did you get lipos from?
Old 12-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Ron E

ORIGINAL: billymare

Ron, where did you get lipos from?

http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...dProduct=14991

just can't beat the price, I had 6 of these same batteries for my brushless e-maxx and they were great.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:44 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

hey guys, i just now realized that the caldera uses ezrun's 35 amp esc.
i have 2 of these systems, one for my onroad car and one that has been in a few different RC's
i like the system, the programing card is soo easy to use and it has plenty of settings.

here is my thought, isnt it alittle underpowered for a big 4wd truck? i mean, its only 35amp? i know that ezrun underrates its stuff.

i also know that redcat lists the ESC as "2s lipo ready", when i use a 3s lipo on my car(have to use a different fan)
does redcat say that because of the fan issue, or because 3s with a big 4wd truck would kill the esc?

have any of you used 3s lipo in your caldera?
Old 12-15-2010, 06:38 PM
billymare

I got a slightly used 3s lipo from a friend( it did not survive the F18 crash for long ). The truck is a beast with it !!!! One of the cell's died tho
ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i have 2 of these systems, one for my onroad car and one that has been in a few different RC's
i like the system, the programing card is soo easy to use and it has plenty of settings.

here is my thought, isnt it alittle underpowered for a big 4wd truck? i mean, its only 35amp? i know that ezrun underrates its stuff.

i also know that redcat lists the ESC as "2s lipo ready", when i use a 3s lipo on my car(have to use a different fan)
does redcat say that because of the fan issue, or because 3s with a big 4wd truck would kill the esc?

Old 12-15-2010, 07:22 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

I got a slightly used 3s lipo from a friend( it did not survive the F18 crash for long [img][/img]). The truck is a beast with it !!!! One of the cell's died tho

i also know that redcat lists the ESC as ''2s lipo ready'', when i use a 3s lipo on my car(have to use a different fan)

did you use a differnt ESC fan? i killed my stock fan when i ran 3s on my car. now i have a fan that runs off the RX batt port and all is good.

how much MAH was the lipo? im assuming since it was in a plane maybe 2200?
i have a pair of 3000mah 30c 3s lipos(about $30 on ebay) that i could use.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:44 PM
lcbe

ORIGINAL: Ron E

I just ordered 1 today... i've got 4 5200 30c 2s lipo's and a new steering servo ready. thanks for the pic's, i'm a little bummed about the tire change... i like the older style better. oh well, it still looks like a lot of truck for the money.
how about an update, ttt. I want one of these, is the remote worth getting another reciver, for my next toy?

Old 01-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Ron E

ORIGINAL: lcbe

ORIGINAL: Ron E

how about an update, ttt. I want one of these, is the remote worth getting another reciver, for my next toy?

i got it, ran it in the basement but not outside yet, lots of snow and coolldd now. looks like a nice rc for the money, steering servo is slow but works for now, i have a upgrade ready when needed. it's fast with the 5200 30c 2s lipo, should be fun... we'll see come spring or at least a dry day. here's a few pics...

Old 01-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Allnighters

You did get the newer version. Looks just like mine lol. They run pretty good on the stock nimh. I did get the earthquake 8e and boy is it fast! The caldera is so much more controllable it is not even funny. You will have a blast with this truck.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Allnighters

Check the diffs too mine were dry. Seems to be a redcat thing to send them pretty dry.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:02 PM
billymare

I did have to wire the fan to the reciever and the truck is a blast. I used the same battery in my Lightning EPX Pro, /that thins was uncontrolable

I got a slightly used 3s lipo from a friend( it did not survive the F18 crash for long [img][/img]). The truck is a beast with it !!!! One of the cell's died tho

i also know that redcat lists the ESC as ''2s lipo ready'', when i use a 3s lipo on my car(have to use a different fan)

did you use a differnt ESC fan? i killed my stock fan when i ran 3s on my car. now i have a fan that runs off the RX batt port and all is good.

how much MAH was the lipo? im assuming since it was in a plane maybe 2200?
i have a pair of 3000mah 30c 3s lipos(about $30 on ebay) that i could use.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.