Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My Tornado S30 kick AZz

Finally got to use it on some open dirt instead of my front lawn. Man what a beast. Car whats to take off with tunnels of dirt flying behind it.. Redcat freakin amazing at an unbeatable price!!!! LOLstupid LHSsaying redcat are no good!! Guess he afraid of there affordable price!!! Three tanks of gas with 10 min break inbetween and not a dang thing broke!! Even when I was going thru a mad bumpy field that was making the car bounce in the air LOl.

I cant wait to find a track in my area.. Got to be a blast to actually drive the car with a purpose then to just fly around lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: My Tornado S30 kick AZz

Man, I put My Tornado thru hell and back and only thing I've replaced so far is a spur gear and a body, That's it! Also on 30+ tanks

ORIGINAL: Torch39

Finally got to use it on some open dirt instead of my front lawn. Man what a beast. Car whats to take off with tunnels of dirt flying behind it.. Redcat freakin amazing at an unbeatable price!!!! LOLstupid LHSsaying redcat are no good!! Guess he afraid of there affordable price!!! Three tanks of gas with 10 min break inbetween and not a dang thing broke!! Even when I was going thru a mad bumpy field that was making the car bounce in the air LOl.

I cant wait to find a track in my area.. Got to be a blast to actually drive the car with a purpose then to just fly around lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lucky. Mine spontaneously falls apart for no reason. I try to baby the thing but it just breaks no matter what... So I bought a Savage. Now that is durability.
    Tornado buggy, HPI Savage X 4.6 FOR THE WIN.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm right there with you. I think I've had a maybe 2 tanks of the car running great. Other then that Ithink something breaks about everytime Irun it.... I'm not even running it that hard. I just think of it as practice to help me get ready for the better truck I'm going to buy soon...

As an example.... Trying to get it to fire up straight out of the box the transmission adjustment screw flew out. You know the screw you adjust to make the car shift into second gear at different time. I pulled the pull start about 5 times and the screw came flying out.

The first run after break in the front drive cups (both if them) fell off. I learned my lesson, I went through the whole car and tightened every screw and put threadlock on the screws Ithought needed it. Including the drivecup screws...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When it runs good though it kicks *****......

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't know if it's luck at all, But I get ya... although I have seen it many times the other way around.. My buddy has a savage and I seen that thing fall apart more then Wal-mart brand RC

And with any RTR You should go thru it and tighten up any and everything.. Funny how few people have these problems and they say it's their first RC

ORIGINAL: cswtornado

Lucky. Mine spontaneously falls apart for no reason. I try to baby the thing but it just breaks no matter what... So I bought a Savage. Now that is durability.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kleach18

I'm right there with you. I think I've had a maybe 2 tanks of the car running great. Other then that Ithink something breaks about everytime Irun it.... I'm not even running it that hard. I just think of it as practice to help me get ready for the better truck I'm going to buy soon...

As an example.... Trying to get it to fire up straight out of the box the transmission adjustment screw flew out. You know the screw you adjust to make the car shift into second gear at different time. I pulled the pull start about 5 times and the screw came flying out.

The first run after break in the front drive cups (both if them) fell off. I learned my lesson, I went through the whole car and tightened every screw and put threadlock on the screws Ithought needed it. Including the drivecup screws...

Hate to be that guy.... But look right in the direction of your tornado s30. It says to use blue loctite on the grub screws that hold the drive cups on. and some other screws. SOOOOOOO blaming Redcat becuase you failed to read the direction does not seem right.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree it is a great idea to check all screws and loctite them with any rtr no matter what company it is.
    Team Anaconda R/C Racing
    http://www.teamanaconda.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I do agree that my troubles ceased greatly when I did that. After weeks of screws coming out, I had 8 - 10 tanks of perfect... Then I bent some $20 aluminum crap falling once on the first offroad tank. I bent it back, so no problem. Then my servo fried. Theeeen my RX antenna snapped, presumably because my friend rammed it into my Savage at full speed and it did some pretty nice cartwheels for 20 feet or so, and of course the aluminum crap bent back and a cracked some plastic. I used duct tape and epoxy on the plastic and again rebent the stuff, so all I need is a 2.4GHZ tx and rx. I think the Savage enjoyed trashing it.

I'm not blaming Redcat for anything. I'm blaming HSP chinese racing for using ****ty materials in the construction of the parts. It's a beast when it works though. But sure not as much as the Savage.
    Tornado buggy, HPI Savage X 4.6 FOR THE WIN.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I understand how people can get frustrated with breaking parts. I got my shockwave last week, which obviously is just a notch down from the tornado, and before I even got done breaking the motor in, I ran into a sidewalk curb and bent my right front dog bone and snapped the c hub. Now I gotta wait for new parts to get here, but I can't even order them til I get paid thursday. AHHHH! I just wanna get back out there and drive it, cuz these little rc's RIP!! I can't believe the speed that comes from such a small motor. I don't blame redcat though for my car breaking. It was obviously my stupid fault. There's usually a reason why something breaks, it doesn't just break for no reason.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree the RTR is misleading. You cannot just take it out of the box, put nitro fuel in it, and start the break in process.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah this is a learning process for me. Before I even started it I put locktite on the main screws(motormount and such) just didnt think I needed to take the whole car apart to put locktite on every screw. Probably should of though bc right about now I have pretty much had to reinstall every screw that vibrated loose(with locktite).

But hey, like I said, this is a learning experience for me... Have to start somewhere....

On a different note... Just got done running it for about 5 minutes. One of my front shocks came apart and in the process took out the front right dog bone. Just part of having fun.. Although I don't understand how the front shock just fell apart midrun.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What do u mean fell apart?? There is a screw that holds in the greese for the shock. There is also a screw on bottom of shock that holds it to the arm.. Or did the plastic mount on the bottom of shock that hold the spring on break..... If you broke that all Ican ask how high you jump it lol. Inever come close to breakin that and I have bent my shocks badly twice.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All I could wish for is redcat to come out with stronger dog bones and drive cups. I have bent and dmg a few dog bones. And I am noticing the drive cups for the drive shaft mostly the rear drive shaft is getting grooves worn into it. The drive cups for the axel don’t seem to be doing that. I am assuming the rear drive shaft takes most of the torque from the engine which is decreased through the gears bye the time it gets to the wheels.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've had My shocks blow apart befor as well.. BUT that was from driving it really hard!, I've bent dog bones and got really deep grooves in My cups,

Now for the grooves in the cups, Here's the reason, This really only happens to the buggies, Any and all buggies no matter what brand are ment for smooth dirt tracks obviously with decent jumps, BUT if You are running them in Your back yard lets say ( like I know I did a lot ) the long grass, Uneven ground really takes a toll on the cups, You might not see it but Your buggy really takes a beating, There a lot of strain on those part from all the quick stopping and acceleration, bumpy ground etc. Trust Me on this, I have a buddy who races a buggy and He knows first hand that they are strickly track RC's or on the road next to Your house!, It's like taking a Subaru WRX rally car through a pile of tree stumps, Yes it's 4x4 but not for that reason lol.. I usualy take mine to the dirt running track at our local high school here

All I could wish for is redcat to come out with stronger dog bones and drive cups. I have bent and dmg a few dog bones. And I am noticing the drive cups for the drive shaft mostly the rear drive shaft is getting grooves worn into it. The drive cups for the axel don’t seem to be doing that. I am assuming the rear drive shaft takes most of the torque from the engine which is decreased through the gears bye the time it gets to the wheels.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It has to be more then form driving on gras and uneven pavement for the cuts in the drive cups because on my avalanch xp my front drive cups are alyways getting deep groves in them form the dogbones and its a monster truck which is made for rough terrain and I only race mine or drive on the road. i really whish I could stop this from happening but I have not found a way yet and I dont know what cause it to do this.
    Team Anaconda R/C Racing
    http://www.teamanaconda.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

True, and agree, But the grass driving makes it happen faster.. I replaced My cups and then only drove on more flat surfaces, And still had it happen on all the cups, Mostly on the cups for the drivetrain and not as much on the.. ( brain fart! lol ) wheel drive ones? lol.. Which leaves Me to think that obviously they aren't the best quality and the accleration then stopping quickly even on flat surface still does damage, I've had one that completely dug a groove all the way around in side the cup

ORIGINAL: rchobbyunlimited

It has to be more then form driving on gras and uneven pavement for the cuts in the drive cups because on my avalanch xp my front drive cups are alyways getting deep groves in them form the dogbones and its a monster truck which is made for rough terrain and I only race mine or drive on the road. i really whish I could stop this from happening but I have not found a way yet and I dont know what cause it to do this.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Someone should take the stock dog bones and drive cups from redcats and make stronger ones. From like titanium or something like that.. I bet you could make some money. Iknow Ibuy them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

^^^ Yeah, there we go. Or better yet, why dont they just make one completely out of titanium alloy! They coul call it the terminator!!.... Of course, that would be expensive as hell and would not create much profit for redcat, because the demand wouldn't be there. So I'm sure they'll stick to composite plastics and 6601 aluminum.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wonder if We do some searching We could find other RC brands that use the same cups, They might have stronger ones.. Hmm..

ORIGINAL: Mangiapane85

^^^ Yeah, there we go. Or better yet, why dont they just make one completely out of titanium alloy! They coul call it the terminator!!.... Of course, that would be expensive as hell and would not create much profit for redcat, because the demand wouldn't be there. So I'm sure they'll stick to composite plastics and 6601 aluminum.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Isearched google for some HPI84 mm dogbones and found some.. when Irun out of extra dog bones Imight give those a try see if there stronger. The pics of them look stronger but who knows.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sweet, But we need the cups to! lol, I haven't had any luck finding cups yet

Isearched google for some HPI84 mm dogbones and found some.. when Irun out of extra dog bones Imight give those a try see if there stronger. The pics of them look stronger but who knows.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I thought the shockwave and tornado used 87mm dogbones? That's what the website says anyway....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

THey come stock with 84mm.. everyone was saying to put 87mm to stop a problem that they used to pop out. Now i ran 2 quarts of gas through my car and have not had any dog bones pop out but Ihave bent them and broke the Tpart on the end. Ibought 87mm becuase everyone told me i should. But when Itried to use them they did not fit for me. THere to long and wont allow the suspension to travel. Only way to make them work is to extend the rear and front end alotttttttttttttttttt. Idid not like that. Now i have 6 87mm dog bones i never use lol.

Ihave not found drive cup either.. but at least the HPIdog bones probally be plenty strong so that one problem solved.