Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat 8e Shocks???????

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 10:37 AM
formula87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat 8e Shocks???????

I have an Earthquake 8e that I switched over to a Backdraft 8e to play on the track, I have played around with the shocks and stock springs and different shock oil but at my LHS track it just bottoms out so much and not much rebound. I would like to switch out the springs for heavier ones. what has anybody done with these?????????????

Old 11-19-2010, 03:31 PM
rccrazer

Default RE: Redcat 8e Shocks???????

dude just simply add more rebound to your shocks. people crittizise redcat for "crappy products" but they just don't know how to tune. i beat the crap out of hpi and traxxas vehicles with my redcat 1/10 brushless buggy. if you need more info just tell mebro. life is good!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:49 PM
formula87

ORIGINAL: rccrazer

dude just simply add more rebound to your shocks. people crittizise redcat for "crappy products" but they just don't know how to tune. i beat the crap out of hpi and traxxas vehicles with my redcat 1/10 brushless buggy. if you need more info just tell mebro. life is good!
Well went by my LHS today and he said to move the front shock bottoms to the inside of theA arms and try to get the shock straight up and down and to also make the dogbones level???... I have tried switching the springs between the backdraft and earthquake and adjusting the spring tension and adding a heavier shock oil. Also how would I tuneto add more "rebound".
Thanks
Old 11-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Revolauncher

You need heavier springs to help against bottoming out. The Revo springs fit as do the Jato. Run Revo (front) green springs up front and Revo (rear) white springs in the rear with 40 wt. oil. Mine has jumped a lot better ever since. A little stiff, but for big air it is great. Laying down your shock angle helps too, inner holes up top, outer holes on the arms, but you lose ride height unless you crank down the preload collars on the shocks.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:19 AM
formula87

ORIGINAL: Revolauncher

You need heavier springs to help against bottoming out. The Revo springs fit as do the Jato. RunRevo (front)greensprings up front and Revo (rear) white springs in the rear with 40 wt. oil. Mine has jumped a lot better ever since. A little stiff, but for big airit is great. Laying down your shock angle helps too, inner holes up top, outer holes on the arms, but you lose ride height unless you crankdown the preload collars on the shocks.
Het thanks, so you run a backdraft8e? my LHS stocks those springs so i will try that out thanks.