Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Earthquake 3.0 1/8 Scale Nitro Monster Truck

Old 11-23-2010, 12:26 AM
DoGGY54th

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Earthquake 3.0 1/8 Scale Nitro Monster Truck

I bought a New Earthquake 3.0 1/8 Scale Nitro Monster Truck.I was surprise to find outNO steering controls when everything was turned on.
I thought maybe something wasn't plugged in so Icheck everything,I checked Ch1# on the receiverand it'snot working, no steering controls. Ch2# works fine,brake, and throttle controls. I reversed both Ch1# and Ch2# and got the opposite, no brake, or throttle control, but I had steering.
The Truck and Hand Controls both have fresh charged
batteries.Any Ideas?
Old 11-23-2010, 05:30 AM
RCToysNh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Earthquake 3.0 1/8 Scale Nitro Monster Truck

Could be several things. First, follow the instructions in the video at the folloeing link, on how to setup your radio.

http://www.rctoysnh.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=4338
Old 11-23-2010, 11:52 AM
rchobbyunlimited

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The radio receiver is probaly bad if you already switch wires and the one channel always works. Contact redcat and they will send you a new receiver.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:08 PM
ClammyBallz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Check the third dial on the transmitter. It controls how much you can steer. You may have it dialed down to zero.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:51 PM
DoGGY54th

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I wish someone from Redcat would Please Help Me!

I bought a New Earthquake 3.0 1/8 Scale Nitro Monster Truck.I was surprise to find outNO steering controls when everything was turned on.
I thought maybe something wasn't plugged in so Icheck everything,I checked Ch1# on the receiverand it'snot working, no steering controls. Ch2# works fine,brake, and throttle controls. I reversed both Ch1# and Ch2# and got the opposite, no brake, or throttle control, but I had steering.
batteries.Any Ideas?

I told theRedcat seller my problem and he told me to callBilly from Red Cat. I haven't heard back from Billy, or anyone from Redcat.
Thistruck was going to be a gift for my son Xmas, how can you give your son a truck that doesn't work.
Any advisewould help to make my sons Xmas wishes special.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:34 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DoGGY54th

I wish someone from Redcat would Please Help Me!

I bought a New Earthquake 3.0 1/8 Scale Nitro Monster Truck . I was surprise to find out NO steering controls when everything was turned on.
I thought maybe something wasn't plugged in so I check everything, I checked Ch1# on the receiver and it's not working, no steering controls. Ch2# works fine, brake, and throttle controls. I reversed both Ch1# and Ch2# and got the opposite, no brake, or throttle control, but I had steering.
http://<font color=''#000000'' size=...tteries</font>. Any Ideas?

I told the Redcat seller my problem and he told me to call Billy from Red Cat. I haven't heard back from Billy, or anyone from Redcat.
This truck was going to be a gift for my son Xmas, how can you give your son a truck that doesn't work.
Any advise would help to make my sons Xmas wishes special.
ok, did you get the 2.4ghz radio, or the older style?

if it is the 2.4ghz, flip open the cover on the top-back of the radio. there are 3 nobs. 2 of them adjust the trims for channel 1 and 2. the third nob adjusts the endpoints for the steering. its the nob on the right. if the nob is turned all the way in one direction, you get full steering. if turned all the way in the other direction, you get NO steering. check this 1st.

since you were able to plug the steering servo into channel 2 and it worked, chances are pretty good that the endpoint adjustment is turned all the way down.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:24 PM
buggyboy2010

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Contact Redcat, That's the best advise besides trying the quick fixes that the other guys have offered, Trust Me, If You have contacted them, They WILL contact You back ASAP, These guy's have amazing customer service and will replace just about anything if it's faulty.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:41 AM
DoGGY54th

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I never got any support from REDCAT after calling them and leaving 3 messages, andwaiting 3 weeks and got nothing. Rrrrrr

My Nightmare after spending $250.00+on a NEW Redcat EarthQuake Truck 3.0 for my Son's Xmas gift.First problem; had to replace the Receiver and Controller.After 3 weeks ofwaiting I broke intheengine,I did itbythe book and it runs and starts great.

The next day I drovethe truckand notice Iwasn't getting full throttle, onlyabout 1/3 throttle. Hmmm what now.....I check everything andlooks OK. Istarted it up to makea fewpasses in front of my house butI still can't getfull throttle,thenmy worst nightmare, the throttle sticks WFO and I got no brakes, will not stop.

I was able to steerthe Truck in a wide archbutit went into second gear and I lost control, it wasn't a pretty event.Theservo for the throttle stuck open and the brakejust quite working.If there's anyone herefrom Redcat Supportreading thispostput yourself into my shoes.

It's going to breakhis heart, and minewhen he see this mangledNew Earthquake Truck that hewanted.