Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

flywheel???

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 04:23 PM
ro702

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flywheel???

Can anyone recommend what flywheel i should get for my earthquake 3.5 nitro car? i was doing some jumps today and my car flipped and it looked fine. Then i opened the body and saw that some of the teeth on the flywheel was all messed up. I pushed the car on idle and it made a horrible grinding sound. Is it easy to replace? If it is then maybea suggestion on a upgrade flywheel? Any input would be great and much appreciated.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:12 PM
foxys

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: flywheel???

Are you sure it's the flywheel and not the spur gear? The flywheel doesn't have any teeth, and the spur gear is likely plastic, and just as likely has broken some teeth, this is a fairly common thing with the plastic spur gear. If it's the spur gear, replace with a MPO-017, 43tooth steel spur gear and you won't break it easily.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:22 PM
ro702

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sorry im a newbie at this, yes it might be the spur gear that i need to change. Its the plastic gear that sticks out, its pretty beat up and i do need to replace it. Soo i can replace it with a MPO-017 without any problems? Is it going to be hard to replace? Thanks for all the input, i appreciate everything.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:59 AM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: foxys

Are you sure it's the flywheel and not the spur gear? The flywheel doesn't have any teeth, and the spur gear is likely plastic, and just as likely has broken some teeth, this is a fairly common thing with the plastic spur gear. If it's the spur gear, replace with a MPO-017, 43tooth steel spur gear and you won't break it easily.
Great idea and no you wont have any problems at all replacing the spur gear. losen your engine screws at the bottom of the engine so that your engine will move to the side. You will probably have to remove the center diff which is what your spur gear is on and replace make sure when you put your center diff back in the truck and you tighten your engine back down you place a bussines card in between the cluth bell teeth and the spur gear teeth you can have the right mesh set up and that the car rolls freely when you push it without any binding.