Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tornado EPX Discussion and Picture Thread

Well, as long as I have been browsing the RedCat Racing thread, I rarely see any posts on the Tornado EPX. It seems these cars are fading out. If I type "Tornado EPX" in Google search, most of the cars that come up are the Brushless, Pro, versions. Very seldom does a standard Tornado come up.

So, I decided to make this thread for all who have a Tornado EPX. I thought it would pretty cool to have a thread where you can discuss anything about the Tornado EPX. Maybe your stuck on how to fix something, can't find a certain part, or maybe you just want to show your Tornado off.

Anyway, to start of, here's mine:

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tornado EPX Discussion and Picture Thread

sorry to post, but here is my tornado EPX PRO.
    since this pic was taken, i modded the rear to have 4 shocks instead of just 2. makes the rear shock tower hold up better for extreme jumping
    the PRO is the same chassis as the EPX, but has a novatch brushless system.(And the now they come with a 2.4ghz radio)
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tornado EPX Discussion and Picture Thread

Igot my tornado epx pro at a local hobby shop a couple of weeks agoI used the stock batt and 2 or 3 passes it wil completely shut down but the fan is still running,inconclusion i touched the engine, it was cold so i googled it. Later i found out that the reason it shuts down is because the stock batt doesn't put out enough power. I now run a sky lipo 30c 2s 5000mah. It puts out a great amount of power for the tornado epx pro. And a really good charger for lipo batts is the thunder ac680.
    Other Recommendations are that you should get are billet rear shock tower, and billet front shock tower because the the stock ones bend easy,last but not least 4 racing shocks do that and you'll be good to go.

My Redcat tornado epx pro: http://youtu.be/sL6u29g8plI
    Running default battery
    I bent the front shock tower too.
    Can u post the link to the one u got?
    Hás anyone coverted it to onroad!?
    Last edited by xoroz; 07-10-2014 at 08:53 PM.