Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Rx/Tx/Servo problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:42 AM
ricerkid
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rx/Tx/Servo problems

I'm new to the rc hobby still and i havent had my redcat that long so i'm not sure whats messing up. When im driving my tornado bb around sometimes everything becomes unresponsive and it takes off and i have to chase after it. With my luck, ive noticed that it only does it when i full throttle it, the whole car becomes unresponsive and takes off which ever direction it was pointing WOT. ive been lucky and its always jumped and flipped on its roof or jumps and backflips into a busch and gets stuck. Anyone know what the problem may be?

Thanks,
ricer
Old 12-03-2010, 01:07 PM
formula87

Default RE: Rx/Tx/Servo problems

ORIGINAL: ricerkid

I'm new to the rc hobby still and i havent had my redcat that long so i'm not sure whats messing up. When im driving my tornado bb around sometimes everything becomes unresponsive and it takes off and i have to chase after it. With my luck, ive noticed that it only does it when i full throttle it, the whole car becomes unresponsive and takes off which ever direction it was pointing WOT. ive been lucky and its always jumped and flipped on its roof or jumps and backflips into a busch and gets stuck. Anyone know what the problem may be?

Thanks,
ricer
Sounds like a recv or controller problem.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:46 PM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats what it sound like to me also check all of your wireing make sure nothing is loose or brohen wire.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:28 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

check the wires going from the battery pack to the reciever. if there is any bad spot, or if the plug that goes into the reciever is loose then the reciever may lose power and thats whats causing your run-aways.

also, try replacing the batteries on the buggy and in the remote. may not be the problem, but its a simple thing to try.

lastly, look at the antenna on the buggy. are there any nicks or damage to the wire?(not the plastic tube, the wires inside)
Old 12-04-2010, 10:51 AM
ricerkid
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks, ill try those suggestions and let you know what happens when i get it running.. ganna do another post for my other problem.