Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

VOLCANO SV WON'T START

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 07:48 PM
DMCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VOLCANO SV WON'T START

well, as you can see my volcano sv wont start. there is nothing wrong with the glow plug because i took the head off and it lights up. one of the manifold screws is missing so i put a wire to replace the missing screw. i ran it like that about 3 times. so i dont know if thats the reason or not. if it is, why did it start fine before? please let me know cuz i want to run it in the snow... ill appreciate any comments...
Old 12-25-2010, 08:00 PM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: VOLCANO SV WON'T START

Was it cold the last time you raned it? Maybe why thats why its harder to crank now since its snow on the ground and cold.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:01 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

steps to solve a nitro that wont start

make sure fuel is getting to the motor(look at fuel line)

try removing the glow plug, turn model upside down and pull the cord a few times. this will clear a flooded engine.

even if a glow plug lights up, that doesnt mean that it is working when you put it inside the motor. glow plugs all fail at some point. try a new one.

is you have a air leak at the manifold, that could prevent the motor from starting. can you find a screw at the local hardware store to replace the missing one? my local hardware store has a bunch of droors with small screws of all sizes/shapes. take the other screw out and find a matching one.

check for any dirt that may have gotten into the carb

check the screws that hold the cooling head onto the motor. if any are loose, re-tighten them.

thats all i can think of. hope one of these helps.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:03 PM
DMCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks alot people, i can definitely tell there's an air leak between engine and manifold. ill try to buy a screw. so if you say that leak can keep engine from starting i think i was right. i was asking that to myself. thanks alot