Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Just got my new backdraft 3.5......

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Just got my new backdraft 3.5......

Old 01-06-2011, 07:09 PM
1ofmyfuns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my new backdraft 3.5......

I'm gonna have to do some wheel alignment on this thing to get the back wheels straight but overall it looks pretty good, I may also have to toe in the front wheel just a bit they are set to be pretty aggressive in a turn, and one of the back wheels is nice and straight up & down but the other one is angled out on the bottom pretty good, this will be an easy fix, and plan to check and change my diff fluid all the way through as well, I may go through the breakin of the engine before I do the diff's just so when Iget that done I'll be ready to play...!

I'm pretty excited about getting this thing going, just waiting on my fuel now.
Dang-it.. I wish I had a LHS so I could just go down and grab theconsumablestuff like fueland not have to always wait for it to be shipped.

Peace and happy trails!
ShanG.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:20 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Just got my new backdraft 3.5......

i am not a fan of nitro. i have owned a tmaxx 2.5, a savage and a nitrosport....as well as a backdraft 3.5
out of all of them, the SH motor in the backdraft was the easiest to start and run. even so, ill stick with electrics. i just dont have the nack with nitros.
that buggy sure could move tho!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:39 PM
1ofmyfuns

Well, I have many years of experience with carb. tuning on 2 & 4 strokes of several different types so the carb stuff isnt a concern to me at this point, some day I may get an electric something but I really like a screaming little engine on just about anything, I built three 26" bicycles that I have center mounted 66cc 2 stroke engines on that I ride 32 miles round trip to town and back on @ 30-35 MPH from time to time when it's good weather out and I had to tune the nonadjustable carbs on these engines by float adjustment and jet drilling in order to get them to perform properly, I've built 50 MPH Go karts with modified GX200 6.5HP Honda Cloned engines that put out around 14HP after modifying them and tuning carb. 

So even though the 2 strokes can and will be a royal pain in the back side at times I've messd with them enough to get-em lined out, and if at some point I do hit a wall on one I know just where to go and get some answers and /or suggestions from you guys here who have much more experience than I on these tiny rascals.....! 

Old 01-06-2011, 07:43 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

for me it wasnt that i couldnt tune a nitro motor. i could. i just dont care for the extra work.
get your fuel, glow plug warmer and screw driver and fuel bottle out. fill it up. start it up. tune if needed. run and have fun. empty fuel out of tank and line. remove glow plug and turn over motor to remove fuel from motor. apply after run oil. put everything away.
man, that was a workout!

naw, all that stuff is fun, just not as much fun as plugging in a lipo and pulling the trigger. thats how it is for me anyway. but there are times i do miss the sound of my nitros. there is no denying that sound and smell!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:50 PM
1ofmyfuns

Yeah I understand your issue with the extra trouble, it would be nice at times just to plug in a battery and take off play and thn turn off a switch put t up until next time, it's like anything there are always pros and cons to both sides of the coin, someone needs to come up with a loud screaming electric buggy or truck that has the sound respond to the throttle....... may not be any smoke but at least you could have some cool noise for effect.....with all the technology now days that shouldnt be a problem i would think.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:55 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: 1ofmyfuns

Yeah I understand your issue with the extra trouble, it would be nice at times just to plug in a battery and take off play and thn turn off a switch put t up until next time, it's like anything there are always pros and cons to both sides of the coin, someone needs to come up with a loud screaming electric buggy or truck that has the sound respond to the throttle....... may not be any smoke but at least you could have some cool noise for effect.....with all the technology now days that shouldnt be a problem i would think.

you would think right! tamiya has a sound module for the highlux 350 that responds to your throttle input and produces a pretty decent diesel motor sound with varying revs.
that module and the sound modules in tanks are the only ones i know of. know company has though to make one for a basic 4wd brushless truck!
also, the ones for the tamiya are not cheap!