Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

RedCat Racing Planes???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 05:05 PM
formula87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RedCat Racing Planes???

Has anyone bought one of Redcats new Planes? Is there a thread on them anywhere.. Was looking at them . who has one??

Old 01-08-2011, 05:41 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: RedCat Racing Planes???

i sorta bought one.
the jet tiger is sold under other names, and i have one. i had trouble flying it. dont think it was the planes fault. i dont seem to have the ability to fly a EDF. i do just fine with prop planes.
the specs on their planes seem pretty good. 2.4ghz radios, 20amp or higher brushless ESCs.

if i had the money, i would try their P51 mustang.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:51 AM
formula87

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i sorta bought one.
the jet tiger is sold under other names, and i have one. i had trouble flying it. dont think it was the planes fault. i dont seem to have the ability to fly a EDF. i do just fine with prop planes.
the specs on their planes seem pretty good. 2.4ghz radios, 20amp or higher brushless ESCs.

if i had the money, i would try their P51 mustang.
I was looking at the Jetiger its a rebadeged FunJet? What is EDF......... it looks easy to fly ??? but fot the money it seemed like a good buy.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:15 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

art-tech sells it under the same name of the jet tiger: http://www.nitroplanes.com/arjettiedfre.html
edf stands for electric ducted fan. it pushes alittle air, at very high speed. a prop plane has a larger prop, which pushes losts of air but at a slower speed.

edf's are trickier to take off and land, as both things have to be done at higher speed. a normal prop plane can glide in nice and slow, and is easier to take off.

i wouldnt reccomend and EDF for a 1st time flyer.

i have a skyartec funjet. its got a simullar shape, but has a prop at the back instead of an EDF. i own one and its a decent plane.
it can be found on nitroplanes.

this plane from redcat: http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/Dealers/Cessna182 : would be easier to fly. i cant speak for its durablity, but its flight charactors will be much easier than the funjet or jet tiger.

i have a dynam "icanfly" from nitro planes. its not the prettiest looking bird, but its tough, easy to repair and very easy to fly. it was my 1st 4ch plane and i still fly it often.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:10 PM
formula87

What about the P51 MUstang or the F/A 18 are they harder to fly then the Cessna??
Old 01-09-2011, 05:10 PM
1ofmyfuns

I dont have one of the planes you are suggesting here, but I've had several friends that were big into the planes and they all say start with a 2 or 3 channel overwing plane like the cessnaor J3 pipercub or one of the sorts, any of the under wing or mid wing palne are less forgiving and harder to fly for a begginer.

I plan to get one of the cessna's myself.

ORIGINAL: formula87

What about the P51 MUstang or the F/A 18 are they harder to fly then the Cessna??
Old 01-09-2011, 05:27 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: formula87

both the p51 and F/A 18 would be harder to fly.
the p51 is a low wing. the wing is toward the bottom of the frame. this makes for a more acrobatic, touchier plane.
the F/A 18 is also a EDF, and the wing design wont give much glide.

have you flown any planes?
if not, you should start with a 3ch plane like the hobbyzone supercub. its rugged, and easier to fly.
if you want a 4ch for sure, you want to look for a plane that has a high wing(wing at top of frame) with flexable landing gear. it helps to if the main wing is held on by rubber bands.
here is a pic of the dynam "icanfly". any plane that looks simillar will have flying charatoristics that will help a new flyer.
of the redcat planes, the cessna would be the easiest to fly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53929.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1544961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66529.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	1544962