Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

OK alternative to hump pack?

Old 01-12-2011, 08:23 AM
1ofmyfuns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK alternative to hump pack?

Just looking around this morning thinking about receiver batteries and had this idea for using in my Backdraft.

Does anyone else go this High mah AA Batteryroute?

Iknow there are these Nimh2300 mah - 2900 mah AA batteries and also the Hybrid Rechargable Lithium's too, I'm just wondering how this set up compares to the Hump Pack battery since the H.Packs Iremember looking at were 1200 mah - 1600 or 2000 mah packs.

Ialso like the idea of being able to have a charger that I can use in my car if I need too.

all opinions appreciated, Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Hour-Universal...item588bcaa69a

Old 01-12-2011, 09:09 AM
foxys

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: OK alternative to hump pack?

those are full AA batteries, most hump packs are 2/3 aa and have 5 cells rather then 4, more voltage means faster servos, they are 2/3 size to fit all those cells in the battery compartment. With full size aa your limited to 4 cells, so your servos will be slower.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:23 AM
1ofmyfuns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OK alternative to hump pack?

Ok Isee what you're saying about the voltage difference thats something that Iforgot about the, 4 AA batteries @ 1.2 volts each makes a total of 4.8 Volts vs the Hump Pack at 1.2 volts X 5 which equals 6 volts.

Thanks for clearing this up, I just wasnt using my noggin and forgot about those rechargableAA's being 1.2V instead of 1.5V

Those would be good for the receiver though so Iwill just get some for that...

ORIGINAL: foxys

those are full AA batteries, most hump packs are 2/3 aa and have 5 cells rather then 4, more voltage means faster servos, they are 2/3 size to fit all those cells in the battery compartment. With full size aa your limited to 4 cells, so your servos will be slower.