Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: redcat volcano s30 need help

i took out the screws to the engine on the volcano one by one and put locktite on each of em and put some after run oil down into the head, i also did the same on the tmaxx but as for putting locktite on the engine hold down screws, its doesn;t have screws there like bolts with nutts on em and there hard to get to on account of the framing, so i didn;t want to mess wit em. i figured that i had better prepare both trucks to be sitting for an while considering the weather and average temps, cause from what i can make out its gonna be atleast till feb 17th before its even gonna warm up to 45 degrees.
    jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i got one last question on the first tank in the redcat volcano s30 i used tower power fuel 20%, if i were to switch to maxxys 20% fuel for the other 4 tanks i need to do the rest of the break in process would it hurt the engine, i would really like to switch cause maxxys fuel is what i plan to use the tmaxx 3.3 when i break it in, and i don;t see any sense in using 2 diff fuel brands in 2 diff trucks, also i found an good alternative to the hump pack for the tmaxx 3.3 heres the link, http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/show...temID=11330.16 . tell me if it will  work or am i wasting my time.
    jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: thunder5005

i got one last question on the first tank in the redcat volcano s30 i used tower power fuel 20%, if i were to switch to maxxys 20% fuel for the other 4 tanks i need to do the rest of the break in process would it hurt the engine, i would really like to switch cause maxxys fuel is what i plan to use the tmaxx 3.3 when i break it in, and i don;t see any sense in using 2 diff fuel brands in 2 diff trucks, also i found an good alternative to the hump pack for the tmaxx 3.3 heres the link, http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/show...temID=11330.16 . tell me if it willÂ* work or am i wasting my time.
    i dont know about the battery pack.
    but as far as switching fuels it will be OK. if the motor was already broken in, then you would have to adjust the tune to run a different brand fuel. since you only have 1 tank done (and its the same % nitro content) it shouldnt be an issue.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nitro u gotta hear this good one, i got the volcano running and yes the weather was an good 45 degrees out today, but there was an few probs it kept quitting on me no matter what adjustments i made to it, then all of an sudden the lsn screw came completely out of the carb, and then the after pulling the pull start only an 1/2 inch out to get it started snaped. i would say the volcano isn;t durable at all, in my opion its poorly made. i haven;t decided if i am going to fix it or sell it on ebay and get another traxxas. from looks and contrustion seems like traxxas beats redcat hands down. i found an roto start kit on ebay for it for like $50.25 & $8 shipping, and the carb on ebay i found is gonna run $19.95 & $4.95 shipping. in your opion u think its worth repairing or getting rid of it?
    jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nitro u gotta hear this good one, i got the volcano running and yes the weather was an good 45 degrees out today, but there was an few probs it kept quitting on me no matter what adjustments i made to it, then all of an sudden the lsn screw came completely out of the carb, and then the after pulling the pull start only an 1/2 inch out to get it started snaped. i would say the volcano isn;t durable at all, in my opion its poorly made. i haven;t decided if i am going to fix it or sell it on ebay and get another traxxas. from looks and contrustion seems like traxxas beats redcat hands down. i found an roto start kit on ebay for it for like $50.25 & $8 shipping, and the carb on ebay i found is gonna run $19.95 & $4.95 shipping. in your opion u think its worth repairing or getting rid of it?
    the volcano is a fun truck, but cant really compare to the T-maxx. that truck is a true beast.
    i wouldnt bother with the rotor start kit. but then i never minded pull-starters. a new pull starter is 20-25 bucks.
    plus with a roto start you need to have a fully charged batt, and carry extra stuff around.

you should be able to screw the LSN back in. you shouldnt need a whole new carb. it was probly just far enough out that the vibrations made it come loose. you may have had it too far open.

if it was mine, i would stick with it and get her running. but thats just me. you need to do what you want.
    there is the option of selling it and putting the cash back into the t-maxx. could buy a cool body or some hop-up parts with the money you if you sell the volcano.

during the breakin of my backdraft 3.5, the tanks 1-3 were a pain. it kept stalling on me. but by the end of tank 3 and into tank 4 it stayed running much easier. and i was doing this last summer, in 60-70 degree weather.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

good thing is i have plenty of time to work the volcano considering the weather isn;t gonna be good again for an while, i do think that the pull starters are an hassle, and i am definally gonna replace it wit an roto start.
    jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you can find the wand-backing plate kit for alittle less. its the same as what you found for $58, but doesnt include a battery and charger. if you already have them, you could save alittle.

the electric starters are easier on the fingers...lol. i was soo eager to breakin my backdraft that i had blisters on my 2 fingers!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

that sounds back in the day when i used to work out the hay fields throwing square bails of hay up onto the hay wagon, i had so many blisters on my hands from the bailing strings on the haybails itsn;t wasn;t funny lol
    jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i found out in waterproofing my kits which i haven;t completely gotten done yet on my tmaxx and volcano isn;t fun, it gets u higher then an kit lol. using that plasti dip, liquid electrical tape, green slime, and kitchen and bathroom cocking will light ur butt up lol. but from the vid i dled by squirrel if u waterproof ur electronics on ur kit then u will not have to worry about then shorting out, if u happen to drive in snow or threw mudd or water puddles. but heres an good question for ya is there anyway to protect the block aka carb and lower engine ( everything below the head) from water or mostiure.
    jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't get the roto-start..... That's retarded. Get the backplate, then get the longest dogbone you can find on Redcat. Hacksaw one ball off and slot the ball-less end into a drill. Done, and without buying $40 kits with $20 batteries. I've never done this so if this won't work let me know, but it seems like a good idea. And DON'T get another T-Maxx. DON'T!
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9845198/tm.htm

if you're selling the Volcano (actually, I don't think you CAN sell it.... 1/10 have no resale value, chinese even less) and paying $400 for another T-Maxx, don't. Savages are superior in every way. And they arn't the #1 hated MT by 19 votes!
    Tornado buggy, HPI Savage X 4.6 FOR THE WIN.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You can buy just the backplate and the wand, Then use cordless drill.
    Always Best prices and Cheap S/H at RCToysNH, NHwoods, ToystoreNH, VP Ent. Inc.
    RedCat Traxxas DuraTrax AE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I couldn't find the wand so I figured they didn't sell it seperately, but yeah, that's what I was saying.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

personally i think the tmaxx are better from looks and structor, seems like the higher ground clearence and better suspension , seems like better for offroading. only defect i have seen is the weak plastic bulkheads. which i plan on replacing with the aluminium upgraded bulkheads, which i found cheap on ebay.even though i don;t plan on doing any major jumping, or racing in any competions. only thing i think wit most nitro kits is there weakness is the unwaterproofed electronics which i am in the process of soving by using plasti dip, green slime, liquid electrical tape and bath and kitchen cocking to waterproof the reciever, battery box and servos.
    jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have almost everything on the tmaxx waterproofed except for the throtle servo and steering servo and the reciever , once i get the reciever waterproofed what can i use to attach it to the inside of the reciever box to keep it from moving around incase of an crash so it will not break it. i doubt tape would hold it down, is there anything i could use?
    jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

incase i do decide later on after i get used to running the volcano s30 and t-maxx, what can i do to up the speed on them and performance?
    jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

incase i do decide later on after i get used to running the volcano s30 and t-maxx, what can i do to up the speed on them and performance?
    the only thing for the volcano is to drop in a larger motor. the volcano already comes with a tuned pipe.
    you could gear it up a bit, but that would only be good for speed runs...as you would lose some torque.

i think there are several different tuned pipes for the t-maxx. and the same with dropping in a bigger engine is true.

both trucks can do with some better stocks, tires and brake pads. all these items can improve traction and handling.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

u know of any sites where i could get cheap upgraded shocks, tire/ rims and brake pads for both trucks?
    jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

oh yea i found on ebay tires and rims for the tmaxx that are like tractor tread in an set of 2 for like $ 34.72. is that an good price or not?
    heres the link
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAXXAS-5173-SS-...item43a2b26893
    jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

u know of any sites where i could get cheap upgraded shocks, tire/ rims and brake pads for both trucks?
    ebay will have all availible upgrades for the tmaxx.
    as far as "cheap upgraded shocks" thats a term that doesnt work higher grade shocks cost $$$
    a full set of 8 alloy bodied shocks for the volcano is $45 shipped(pm me if you want)
    tmaxx shocks will be more im sure.

any monster truck tires/rims with a 12mm hex will fit the volcano.
    and monster truck tires/rims with a 14mm hex will fit the tmaxx(look for proline)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

tmaxx big bore shocks: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...xx-T-Maxx-25-8

if you shop around you might find them a bit cheaper. but thats a good price for them.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, if you get another RC make it a Savage. Savages handle like pigs but they have insane durability and suspension travel, plus they have insane amounts of upgrades out there for them. Does a three speed transmission make you jealous AT ALL?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cswtornado

Well, if you get another RC make it a Savage. Savages handle like pigs but they have insane durability and suspension travel, plus they have insane amounts of upgrades out there for them. Does a three speed transmission make you jealous AT ALL?Â*
    im building a brushless converted nitro savage with a single speed tranny, a 150amp ESC and i will run 4s on it. bet it will spank a nitro version[8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey nitro is there any bigger fuel tank that will fit on the tmaxx and where could i get one on the net? i firgured the run time on the tmaxx isn;t going to be that long with its current 125cc tank and that if i could get an bigger one it would increase the run time majorly.
    jr

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey nitro is there any bigger fuel tank that will fit on the tmaxx and where could i get one on the net? i firgured the run time on the tmaxx isn;t going to be that long with its current 125cc tank and that if i could get an bigger one it would increase the run time majorly.
    sorry, dont know.

thats a good question for the monster truck forum(post under the traxxas sub forum)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

question how can i remove the factory paint on the bodies and what paint would i use to repaint them?
    jr

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast