Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New Ride!!!

Old 01-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Kenny Powers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ride!!!

Well, after 10 years out of the ring, Idecided to come back in with the Redcat Aftershock 8E....and it arrived today. Iwas a little apprehensive in buying a RTR, due to the fact that my first ride was none other than the Tamiya Hornet, which Ibuilt from the ground up. My second was a Kyosho Maxxum FF, which Ialso built from the ground up. However, Iam much older now and have a family, so it would be hard to find the time. I will still have the fun of tinkering, modifying and fixing things up on this one, though. I can't wait to try it out. I still have to open up the diffs to make sure they don't need to be shimmied. Ialso need to get a little better charger. The servo seemed to be fine. From what Ican tell it has a metal gear, so it should hopefully hold up for now. Unfortunately it is winter in the Northeast, however, this is not going to stop me from letting this one lose. Iwill just water proof the beast. It is so hard to believe that Igot a 1/8, 4x4, brushless, with 2.4 GHz. radio, with free shipping for $289.99. The shop Iordered from even threw in both front and rear lower arms, as well as batteries for the receiver. Now that's customer service for you!!! And one hell of a deal!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75041.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	1550743   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88879.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1550744   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch95931.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1550745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pi16429.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	1550746  
Old 01-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Capn kanuckles

Default RE: New Ride!!!

Looks sweet,get out there and rip it up!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:43 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its also a good idea to line the inside of the body with duct tape(gorrilla tape is best)
most of the redcat bodies are thin lexan. putting tape on the inside will help them hold up better.

how long does the included charger take to charge the lipo?

when i get my earthquake, i will most likely give the charger to a friend of mine who is just starting out in the hobby. i have a imex B6 charger that works pretty good for most every kinda battery.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:27 PM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

Try drywall tape and shoe goo; is a little time consuming to apply to the inside of the body but it works pretty good at keeping the body from cracking really bad.
Make sure you completely water proof that esc; I already fried mine going through a shallow puddle in fact I would not recommend this car for snow bashing or any wet conditions unless you do this.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Kenny Powers

Thanks for the additional suggestions. The charger is not that great. I am going to pick one up at my LHS.

Ihaven't charged it as of yet. I did notice that the lipos had a little juice the them, though. Should I drain them first, before charging them, or is it ok to charge them, regardless?

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

its also a good idea to line the inside of the body with duct tape(gorrilla tape is best)
most of the redcat bodies are thin lexan. putting tape on the inside will help them hold up better.

when i get my earthquake, i will most likely give the charger to a friend of mine who is just starting out in the hobby. i have a imex B6 charger that works pretty good for most every kinda battery.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Kenny Powers

Ilooked on ebay and say a number of imex B6 chargers, with different prices. Isay what appears to be tdentical ones with a price difference of about $27. Are these the same or different?Iam slightly confused with this one.

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner