Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New 2WD Vehicles Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 05:27 PM
msdtyu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New 2WD Vehicles Coming Soon

they look good if there a good price. but thats not a truggy its a st sorry it was just bugging me
Old 01-26-2011, 11:49 AM
rccrazer

here's the facts. redcat takes other designs from around the world and modifies them to make them their own. if you really look at the pictures the powers system has been changed. the buggy in the pictures posted by Darren the brushless motor on the redcat buggy comes with a 3930 kv motor that is also a full can motor it's not a motor that will suck almost half the amp's because it has a smaller can size. toaccommodatethis they probably changed the esc as well. the one you guys are looking at by Himoto and Ansmann have 3600 half can motors with heat sinks that are cut from a true 540 size can down to a 400 on down to a 300 size can. so thedifferenceis the power system you guys. and if you want to be really picky then the bodies are far different from the Ansman macnum or the Ansmann mad rat. the bodies have adifferentpaint scheme than the Himoto's. shocks seem to be exactly the same that are on the Himoto racing products.but the shocks on the truggy are ratherunfamiliarto me.

so there seems like their would be asignificantpower increase. the3 slipper is a nice feature. i would much rather not pay 60 bucks for shipping that i can get for free elsewhere.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:59 AM
rccrazer

the more i look the less resemblance i see to any Ansmann vehicle.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:31 PM
formula87

Where is the $60 S&H coming from are these up on Redcats site?

Old 01-26-2011, 01:01 PM
jigawatt

hmm me wonders... not hsp? Not bsd?
Old 01-26-2011, 01:10 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are on the site but please note that the pricing is not 100% set yet.

http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars?search=twister

Price may change slightly up or down.

Darin
Old 01-26-2011, 01:37 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i dont see the prices the other see, but based on the dealer prices id say $160-$170?

the ESC looks like it may be a 60amp? the full sized motor is nice as well.

and guys, how cool is it that someone in the company posts on this site! i dont see that with traxxas or others. just think its cool to get info right from redcat. to me, it shows that those guys care about the hobby, not just a paycheck.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:21 PM
1ofmyfuns

Right on....! Nitro.......

That Pro series Stadium Truck will likely be my first electric, tha red &black body is mighty nice looking, but Ikinda like the Green one also, maybe they will have the repalcement bodies for these and I can get a truck and then get an extra body so I can change between the color as I want too, that would be good.

Nitro, or anyone else that knows the electrics good....a question

Will one of the high mah Lipo'sworkgood on these new2WD's?

example:
7.4v 5000mah 2s 20c Lipo
Old 01-26-2011, 02:50 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

the ESC looks alot like a ezrun(or simillar) 60amp esc to me.
it would run a 2s pack with ease. should handle 3s as well.
basically any of redcat's brushless RC's will handle a 2s high MAH pack.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:41 PM
jigawatt

Explain this feature???

Also, what type of diff is there? Ball or geared? Slipper clutch?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59520.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1553652  
Old 01-26-2011, 04:57 PM
billymare

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That could be an access door for a battery...
ORIGINAL: jigawatt

Explain this feature???

Old 01-26-2011, 04:59 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Explain this feature???

that is odd, maybe the batt loads from the bottom???

it has a slipper clutch. i cant find any details on the diff, but i would guess geared.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:04 PM
jigawatt

if it is bevel gear diff, we know it's truly meant for bashers. if it has ball diffs, we know it was meant for the track... that being the case I'd happily try racing one.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:07 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

if it is bevel gear diff, we know it's truly meant for bashers. if it has ball diffs, we know it was meant for the track... that being the case I'd happily try racing one.
ball diffs are better for the track, but in my experience dont hold up to BL power as well as gear diffs.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:55 PM
1ofmyfuns

This may be a dumb newbie question here but are all vehicles with the ball diffs belt drive?

I've watched some ball diff rebuild and cleaning "Wideo" as Ali would say and the ones I have seen were all for belt drive, just curious, I dont know much about diffs accept the geared ones.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:04 PM
PejaPolo

i think a 4wd is better simply cuz u have more control on the air and on the ground. only reason to get one of thes is if you cant get the 8e's!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:05 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: 1ofmyfuns

This may be a dumb newbie question here but are all vehicles with the ball diffs belt drive?

I've watched some ball diff rebuild and cleaning ''Wideo'' as Ali would say and the ones I have seen were all for belt drive, just curious, I dont know much about diffs accept the geared ones.

most 2wd's do have gear diffs. but some, like the duratrax evader DT have a ball diff.
and several shaft driven on-road cars have ball diff. my exceed mad speed does.
they are nice in that i can just remove one drive shaft(takes 10 seconds) and insert a allen wrench and adjust how the diffs act.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:08 PM
1ofmyfuns

Thanks Nitro.....

I know very little about the electric BL stuff so I will be asking some questions along the way as I get more involved with it in the future.

one of my brothers is wanting to get into the RC stuff now, Ilet him run MyBackdraft 3.5a couple days ago and now he's gotthe itch, but today he mentioned maybe going electric, because he lives at our Lake in a community where he's afraid that the Nitro noisemight tick off some ofthe people next door to him, he's never had anythingbut the RC Toy stuff so Ithink one of those New Stadium Trucks with the BLand a couple of good Lipos to go with it would do him real good to start off with, and I plan to get one myself as well.

cant wait for them to hit the redcat dealers.......even though I just bought another Nitro SaturdayI'm ready now for that first electric BL truck.

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

the ESC looks alot like a ezrun(or simillar) 60amp esc to me.
it would run a 2s pack with ease. should handle 3s as well.
basically any of redcat's brushless RC's will handle a 2s high MAH pack.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:13 PM
1ofmyfuns

Ok I see, instead of having to change to a different viscosity of diff oil and all that, aperson can just adjust the tension of the steel disc against the diff balls on the driven gear or notched belt pulley to change how power is delivered to each driven wheel.

Is this right?

I've watched some ball diff rebuild and cleaning ''Wideo'' as Ali would say and the ones I have seen were all for belt drive, just curious, I dont know much about diffs accept the geared ones.

most 2wd's do have gear diffs. but some, like the duratrax evader DT have a ball diff.
and several shaft driven on-road cars have ball diff. my exceed mad speed does.
they are nice in that i can just remove one drive shaft(takes 10 seconds) and insert a allen wrench and adjust how the diffs act.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:21 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

^^thats pretty much it.
the downside is that if you over tighten, or if too much power is applied the ball/disks can fail. it is less likely to happen with a gear diff which has much larger planitary gears/pins.

for a on-road car its very nice. on my drift car i can quickly setup the front and rear diff to act differently.
the rear i have setup to be more "locked" or to have less slip. the power gets sent to both wheels equally.
on the front its the opposite. i want the wheels to be able to turn at different speeds to make turning the car easier.
but different surfaces favor different setups.

with a 2wd, it is nice to make the diff "slip" less. when the diff slips, it sends all that power to one tire. on a 2wd, this can often cause it to spin out. on loose dirt its very noticable.

on my rustler vxl(2wd with gear diff) running a 3s lipo i had to really ease on the throttle...other wise in low traction surfaces it would just spin out.
but on the other hand, that gear diff was VERY strong. it took many hours of had bashing before the gears broke(from pulling a wheely right before hitting a speed bump and causing the truck to forward flip in the air!)
Old 01-26-2011, 08:34 PM
1ofmyfuns

Thanks for the great info on this...........

Charger question...... Iseen this charger advertised earlier and am curious if you think this would be a good choice when Ido get an electric ST.....$49 for the charger and another $23 for a hand full of leads.... specs look good but then again being the newbie that I am a lot of things could look good to me and in reallity be a bad choice....

What do ya think Nitro?

http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=0665

^^thats pretty much it.
the downside is that if you over tighten, or if too much power is applied the ball/disks can fail. it is less likely to happen with a gear diff which has much larger planitary gears/pins.

for a on-road car its very nice. on my drift car i can quickly setup the front and rear diff to act differently.
the rear i have setup to be more "locked" or to have less slip. the power gets sent to both wheels equally.
on the front its the opposite. i want the wheels to be able to turn at different speeds to make turning the car easier.

with a 2wd, it is nice to make the diff "slip" less. when the diff slips, it sends all that power to one tire. on a 2wd, this can often cause it to spin out. on loose dirt its very noticable.

on my rustler vxl(2wd with gear diff) running a 3s lipo i had to really ease on the throttle...other wise in low traction surfaces it would just spin out.
but on the other hand, that gear diff was VERY strong. it took many hours of had bashing before the gears broke(from pulling a wheely right before hitting a speed bump and causing the truck to forward flip in the air!)
Old 01-26-2011, 08:42 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Thanks for the great info on this...........

Charger question...... I seen this charger advertised earlier and am curious if you think this would be a good choice when I do get an electric ST.....$49 for the charger and another $23 for a hand full of leads.... specs look good but then again being the newbie that I am a lot of things could look good to me and in reallity be a bad choice....

What do ya think Nitro?

http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=0665

^^thats pretty much it.

the rear i have setup to be more ''locked'' or to have less slip. the power gets sent to both wheels equally.

with a 2wd, it is nice to make the diff ''slip'' less. when the diff slips, it sends all that power to one tire. on a 2wd, this can often cause it to spin out. on loose dirt its very noticable.

probly a decent unit.
but for under $50 you can get a imax b6 charger with AC adapter and some charger leads. that what i bought a few years back and its a pretty decent lipo charger. it also charges life, PB(car battery) and nimh
Old 01-26-2011, 08:46 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Explain this feature???

You can change the battery from the bottom. You wont have to remove the body to access the battery. Comes in handy when you are racing or bashing and just want to run it till it dies than quickly change the battery without having to remove the body clips, change battery and then put the body back on. I know I know it is not a big deal to do all that, but it really makes battery changes faster.

Darin
Old 01-26-2011, 08:53 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: RedcatRacing

Explain this feature???

You can change the battery from the bottom. You wont have to remove the body to access the battery. Comes in handy when you are racing or bashing and just want to run it till it dies than quickly change the battery without having to remove the body clips, change battery and then put the body back on. I know I know it is not a big deal to do all that, but it really makes battery changes faster.

Darin
thats what i was thinking. nice feature. its a pain taking off the body pins and the body just to change the battery.

and, everytime i run with my buddy, and he has to remove his body to change the batttery.....i run my truck past him and scatter his body pins
i get called a douche waffle for doing that.
my wife hates that. so when she is around he just calls me a waffle.
we have fun!

Old 01-26-2011, 09:03 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

If you want to see where else you can get the ''NEW'' Brushless Truggy just go to this link and for $101.00 you can have one.

Specs:

Specification

●Length:440mm
●Width:325mm
●Height:160mm
●Wheel Dia.: 106mm
●Wheel Width: 58mm
●Wheelbase: 285mm
●Gear Ratio: 1:9.6 (brushless)
●Brushless ESC: 90A, semi-sensor controlled (7.2V-12V)
●Brushless motor: KV 3600

Features

●Two Wheel Drive System (rear wheel drive)
●Divided into two versions ( Brushed and brushless)

http://www.okhobby.com/product.php?id_product=1038

Looks every bit the redcat but cheaper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.