Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

earthquake 3.0 brakes

Im fairly new to nitro cars and have recently purchased a redcat racing earthquake 3,0. Anyways Im havin problems with the brakes, Im having to adjust them a lot Im not sure if this is normal or what. But what happens is Iadjust them and after 5-10 mins of running the car the brakes seem to be barely working. Then Iadjust them again and they are fine for a while but Im not sure what to expect out of the brakes on these cars beings this is the first one Ihave ever owned. Also Iwas thinkin about buying a steel brake disk for the car and some special brake pads whatever that means, please let me know your thoughts if you think this would help and if Ias a beginner to the sport could install them on my own.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: earthquake 3.0 brakes

almost everybody had the same problem. you'll fix this by taking the pads off and sand the calipers for better grip, but you can also add two brake kits on it. both of those ideas work great. but really i think those pads are stupid cuz they don't work when they get greasy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i had a simillar issue with my backdraft 3.5.
    ended up being the throttle/brake servo going out.
    redcat replaced it for me.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the replies I will look into it,  the question I have is it hard to take it apart enough to get to the brakes. Im just asking cause I have never taken it apart that far before

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not really, just remember where all the stuff goes and you'll be fine. As long as you don't take apart the differentials or engine you won't have any issues with over-complicated-ness.
    Tornado buggy, HPI Savage X 4.6 FOR THE WIN.