Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

T-Bone bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 06:58 AM
St33v3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Bone bumpers

Hello folks,

Just received and installed my front & rear T-Bone Racing bumpers on my Backdraft 8E and was wondering: the screws supplied with the bumpers are the same length as the original ones.

But the bumpers are fixed over the existant one so I need longer screws don't I?

The bumpers hold right now, but I'm pretty sure they will pop out as soon as I hit something hard.

I think I'll go the a local store to get longer screws (2-3mm longer) with same size.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:01 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: T-Bone bumpers

ORIGINAL: St33v3

Hello folks,

Just received and installed my front & rear T-Bone Racing bumpers on my Backdraft 8E and was wondering: the screws supplied with the bumpers are the same length as the original ones.

But the bumpers are fixed over the existant one so I need longer screws don't I?

The bumpers hold right now, but I'm pretty sure they will pop out as soon as I hit something hard.

I think I'll go the a local store to get longer screws (2-3mm longer) with same size.

maybe you should remove the stock bumper?
if not, then yah i would get some slightly longer ones at the hardware store. just make sure they have the same thread type and will flush mount into the bumper(same head shape)
Old 01-26-2011, 07:25 AM
St33v3

No they're meant to be installed over the stock one, look:

And the rear one:

And the overall look:

Old 01-26-2011, 12:24 PM
formula87

I am thinking about those also did you get them from T-bone 21.00 for both right ?
Old 01-27-2011, 09:42 AM
greenpot

yes it's a two T-bone bumper ( front & rear ) for $27 can ship to quebec city but the screw is too short.

ps, excuse my english lol 
Old 01-27-2011, 09:48 AM
formula87

ORIGINAL: greenpot

yes it's a two T-bone bumper ( front & rear ) for $27 can ship to quebec city but the screw is too short.

ps, excuse my english lol
I was looking at getting these for my Backdraft for when I start racing E Buggy this spring has anyone used these and had a problem (using the right screws)with the screws pulling out on a hard hit or tires hitting the bumper.... is the rear really nessacary?
Old 01-27-2011, 10:05 AM
St33v3

Since the screws are too short when T-Bone Bumpers are on, Greenpot went to our LHS to buy some longer screws (but same thread) from HPI and he cutted them to the right length.

I didn't run my BD8E at all yet, it's winter here so I have to wait until spring to really try it...

The rear bumper will definitely be a crash/break saver for the spoiler and its support.

The front one will be more usefull in front collision.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:12 AM
greenpot

the rear bumper is probably not very necessary but my friend (st33v3) offered me to buy this package with us for backdraft his and mine. In bashing session, may be that the rear bumper will protect the wing support