Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat same as BSD

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:04 AM
JTuepker1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat same as BSD

Was going thru some random searchs for buggy wings and such and came across a company bsd, they have the same buggy part for part other than they have a white wing and white wheels standard.

Anyone know if there is a place to order the white wing for the bsd version.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:06 AM
1ofmyfuns

Default RE: Redcat same as BSD

Here is a site that has the white wing along with just about any other part you may need or want for the Redcat Backdraft / 1/8th BSD Racing Land Ripper

http://www.nitrorcx.com/bsd-racing-l...ess-buggy.html

Just click on the " Spare Parts " button and scroll down about half the page and you will see the White wing for $5 and a bunch of other parts as well, Ibeen thinking about getting one of the white wings for mine also, Ialready put white spoked wheels on it with Bad Lands type tires and it looks very good.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:12 AM
1ofmyfuns

Well just did some checking and they show both the white wing and the wheels and tires to be OUT OF STOCK......! dang the luck I guess I should have looked before posting the link, sorry !
Old 02-01-2011, 08:41 AM
1ofmyfuns

Here is a place in the UK where you can get the spoiler in Yellow, Black, White or Green, they have some really cool wheels and some very good looking tires for the 1/8 scale buggies too, may cost a little much for having it shipped from over there but I have not seen these parts anywhere else, I really like some of the colored chrome wheels they have.......!

http://www.blacksmithproducts.co.uk/...ts.asp?cat=299

http://www.blacksmithproducts.co.uk/...ts.asp?cat=188

Old 02-01-2011, 11:06 AM
JTuepker1

Thanks alot for the links, everything i keep trying just brought me to a dead end. Yeah ordered me a green and white wing and some of the green, and carbon fiber wheels. No rush here as Missouri is about to get 12 to 18 inches of snow in the next 2 days.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:00 PM
1ofmyfuns

No problem at all glad Icould help, yeah here in central Texas right now it's in the 20,s and we have 2 - 6 inches of snow on the ground with -15 degrees below 0 wind chill in some areas, very cold here for us right now, I've been working on my backdraft for thelast hour cleaning and replacing the Spur gear do to a couple of hard jump landings that blew about 12-15 teeth offit the other day, I'mfixing to have to order another gear though because the one Igot which wassuppose to be a replacement is too big, it is a 43 tooth gear and the one that was onmy buggy was a 38 or 39 tooth gear and my engine will not adjust far enough to allow thebigger gear to work.

Ifthe weather was good Icould do a littlesouthernengineering tothe screw seats and might get enough room for adjustment but I'd rather not dothat right now, that would weaken the seats andif one broke my engine could come loose and cause me a huge wreck in terms ofbusted up parts,so I'll just leave the engine off and order another gear that is the correct tooth count, that bigger gear wouldincrease the low end power a tad but that SH .21pulls like a mad man as itis now, so I don't need any extra low end when Icant keep the thing hookedto the groundnow, with a good tune these little engines are justplum wicked fast.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:02 PM
1ofmyfuns

JTuepker1....

How much are the shipping charges to get something from Blacksmithproducts.co/uk to here if you dont mind me asking?

ORIGINAL: JTuepker1

Thanks alot for the links, everything i keep trying just brought me to a dead end. Yeah ordered me a green and white wing and some of the green, and carbon fiber wheels. No rush here as Missouri is about to get 12 to 18 inches of snow in the next 2 days.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:37 PM
JTuepker1

I called my order in they are to email me a final. I did notice that the site now shows out of stock on the same green wheels i ordered. But will update once i get the final billing. Ups will pick up and delivery it for 32 and some change on a 10 day delivery, since i have a ton of snow and electric version. water and electric dont mix, so ill be happy with that.

So if there shipping is higher ill have it picked up and delivered.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:28 PM
1ofmyfuns

While I was piddling around Ifound another site with some nice buggy wheels and tires here, FREE SHIPPING

http://www.hobbypartz.com/18buggy.html

I think the Blue or the Whiteones would look very good on the Backdraft and witha different color shell the Green & Red would also be nice, check it out when you get the time.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:43 AM
JTuepker1

The price for shipping on the items will cost me about 17 dollars. Not to bad. Total was 107.19. Thats for the 2 sets of tires and 2 wings and some clips and misc parts.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:23 PM
1ofmyfuns

That is great.........!

Thanks for the update