Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

battery and charger questions *please help*

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

battery and charger questions *please help*

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:34 PM
sherwoodGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery and charger questions *please help*

i have the redcat earthquake 8e, just got it in today (yay, awesome truck!!). i took some advice and bought the Himoto B6Cbalance lipo charger from Kurt over at URChobby. the positive and negative output wires that came with the charger are the same exact female lead that are on the batteries, therefore i can't connect them to charge. has anyone ran into this problem? what to do? is there somewhere i can buy the male leads that come off of the charger so i canconnect to the battery to charge? until then, it's slow poke charger that came with the truck, which is pretty frustrating.....

second question, i bought 2 turnigy 30C/5200 batteries from hobbyking. they came with no connectors, just wire shrink at the ends of the red and black wires with holes. i assume i need to modify these to use them to mate to the charger and truck??

any help you can give this novice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:44 PM
formula87

Default RE: battery and charger questions *please help*

Get good with a soddering gun............. or if you have a LHS just buy the dean connectors from them and have them fix the lipos up and make a conector for the charger for you (thats what I do.until I get skilled or not lazy)....Also Kurts a great guy see what he can do for you.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:04 PM
UrcHobby
My Feedback: (2)

Sherwood, There is another connector in the box with the charger. The charger comes with male and female deans plugs. It is by itself not bundled with the other cables. The other cables are the power plug and the others are to convert from deans plug to other styles charging leads. If you have any questions give me a buzz or drop me an email. Kurt
Old 01-31-2011, 08:03 PM
sherwoodGS

Kurt-
there are no male deans connectors in the box, they must have forgotten them or you are mistaken.  I did emal you about this on Saturday, did you not get it?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:50 PM
sherwoodGS

i just spoke to Kurt on the phone.  thanks for your help!!!