Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Earthquake 8e body

Old 02-01-2011, 05:34 PM
meraz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Earthquake 8e body

I think the body on the Earthquake 8e is junk. With a very light roll over crash it broke a 2'x3' hole. Anybody know of a good replacement body for this truck? Anybody know how to reinforce this body incase I buy a new one from Redcat which I really dont wanna do.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:37 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Earthquake 8e body

ORIGINAL: meraz

I think the body on the Earthquake 8e is junk. With a very light roll over crash it broke a 2'x3' hole. Anybody know of a good replacement body for this truck? Anybody know how to reinforce this body incase I buy a new one from Redcat which I really dont wanna do.
bodies can be reinforced with duct tape on the inside.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:08 PM
twobnvd
My Feedback: (1)

I agree the are brittle but not junk.. They look great but are very weak, if you want a good reinforced body get the 1/8th summit body it has an external cage that takes most of the brunt force when flipping. Not a huge traxxas fan but they make good bodies but are a little pricey

"Realistic & Rugged ExoCage Body
Summit's aggressive SUV-style bodywork doesn't just look tough; with its bolt-on fender flares and tube-style ExoCage skeleton, it's as rugged as a real rock rig. Flexible to bounce back after a rollover yet tough enough to spare the lexan body from rock rash, the ExoCage combines authentic real-rock-rig looks with genuine protection."

http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-Summit-5...item588c12b451

Make sure you get the 1/8th scale body as there is man diffrent sizes,
Old 02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
foxys

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another thing we use is Shoe goo. Reinforce all the weak areas and your set.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:58 PM
lcbe

i watched a earthquake land on its top on youtube, the body exploded. it would take an a**load of ductape to save the poor thing
Old 02-01-2011, 07:04 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: lcbe

i watched a earthquake land on its top on youtube, the body exploded. it would take an a**load of ductape to save the poor thing
buy 2 bodies and glue on inside of the other
Old 02-01-2011, 07:22 PM
meraz

I have already tried reinforcing with some high strength Duct tape that I use at work it is about 3 times stronger than regular duct tap and it still broke through it. If I add more tape to it its just going to make it heavier. Wish they made there bodies as strong as my E-Revo and Slash. thanks for the info though
Old 02-01-2011, 07:25 PM
meraz

so you are sure the Summit body will fit the Earthquake or will I have to modify it to fit? Have you seen or heard of anyone using that body for the Earthquake? If it fits I will definitely buy it.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
meraz

The whole body is like an egg shell I would have to dip it in shoe goo to reinforce all weak areas lol. It really is worthless. The truck runs awesome but Redcat could have done a better job with engineering a high strength body for a truck that is used in a hobby where one thing you do with them is bash.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:30 PM
meraz

Ive seen that video too where the body just shatters into pieces after landing upside down.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:33 PM
meraz

you have an interesting idea about glueing the 2 bodies together but I'm almost positive they would also break. If you glued to egg shells together they would still break and this thing is not to far from an egg shell.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:23 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: meraz

you have an interesting idea about glueing the 2 bodies together but I'm almost positive they would also break. If you glued to egg shells together they would still break and this thing is not to far from an egg shell.
well my new earthquake 8e will arrive friday(unless this big storm slows down the shipment)
so i will find out 1st hand how well the body holds up.

on my volcano epx pro, the body lasted awhile. then i bought a redcat replacement....drove the truck in the cold weather. body lasted 10 minutes before landing upside down and cracking on the bed of the body.

my evader dt's body cracked REALLY bad right where the bed joins the cab. see my fix
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51431.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	1557167  
Old 02-02-2011, 03:59 AM
twobnvd

Not for sure the summit body will fit without a little fenessing. But that is what makes this hobby so fun nothing is plug and play.. Or it wouldnt be a hobby it would be computers.. LOL. No seriosly I have no idea for sure I think I am going to buy one next week and throw it on. I'll let you know. The wife is still getting over the two truck purchase , lipo's and a nice charger.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Dragonii

ORIGINAL: twobnvd

Not for sure the summit body will fit without a little fenessing. But that is what makes this hobby so fun nothing is plug and play.. Or it wouldnt be a hobby it would be computers.. LOL. No seriosly I have no idea for sure I think I am going to buy one next week and throw it on. I'll let you know. The wife is still getting over the two truck purchase , lipo's and a nice charger.
You just aren't deep enough into the world of computers, you should see some of theFranken-puters that me and my buddies have built. We are currently fitting a second motherboard into a case so that there will be two machines running in one box. One will be running Windows Home Server so we felt that there was no need for it to take up more room. God I love a Dremel. lol

As for the bodies, what about looking at the Proline and HPI bodies? Maybe the E Maxx or Savage bodies. I know they aretechnically1/10 but look at the wheelbase measurements. Pretty close.
I am planning on getting an Avalanche XP soon and hope to fit an HPI Jeep Wrangler body on it.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:46 AM
twobnvd

I have a few savavges I will try the body on the earthquake to see if it fits but I thought the emaxx and savage were 1/8th not 1/10th? As for the computers you are the exception to the rule. Sounds like you are building one bad ***** machine. Good for you man it is people that go out of the ordinary that forces changes in the technology keeping eveyrthing from being "cookie cutters" After I get back home I will try the savage body and give some feed back and mabye some pictures if I have time busy night tonight...
Old 02-02-2011, 09:42 AM
twobnvd

Ok here are some pics of a few bodies I had laying around (bashing bodies) The 1/8 hpi bodies will work but you will have to make new holes for the supports no big deal at all. They are a bit wider but the actuall look decent as the make the Eartquake look fuller, If you look at the wing on m earthquake it has been ripped off by a small roll over (too mouch throttle) and it just snapped.. The black bodie is not an HPI bod I am not sure what brand it is I aquired it in a trade and I liked it as it had full working lights and was a very hard plastic

Name:	Bz78761.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1557361   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76714.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1557362   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lr39425.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1557363   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xq45107.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	1557364   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hs96360.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1557365  
Old 02-02-2011, 10:17 AM
meraz

wow thanks for sharing that info and pics. So are the HPI body stronger than the Earthquake bodies?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:28 AM
twobnvd

HPI bodies seem to last me a good while. I am very hard on m trucks as well. If the savage bodies will work then the emaxx will as well as I used to use my savage bodies on my Emaxx and vice versa. As far as the Summits body I am not sure but I would like to know as well because I have heard that is truley one tough body
Old 02-02-2011, 10:35 AM
meraz

ok thanks for the info. I am going to my local hs they only carry Traxxas, maybe he has a emaxx body.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Dragonii

Wow! Thank you.

I have come across a couple of pics here and there that make me believe the HPI Jeep body will work.
I found this on HSP's website. I have no way of knowing for sure, but that looks a lot like an HPI Jeep on an Avalanche XP.
C
Old 02-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Jhawk19

There are plenty at rufaster.com for the 1/8 Scale Redcats.

Name:	Zx72179.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1558073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17509.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1558074   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75830.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1558075   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb81661.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1558076  
Old 02-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Dragonii

I saw those, I like the Semi body. I've also seen the Redcat truck bodies unpainted. I'm going to have to find that again and post it.
I personally just really want a Jeep. lol
I was originally planning on a Jeep body for my DF02 chassis but I think it would be a bit too big for it. Plus I just ordered a 9t brushless Hobbywing motor to drop in it and I know I will be rolling it over a few times. So I decided to go with something a bit lower and more truck like for it. Maybe a Ford Raptor.

But I think the Jeep body will work on the Avalanche.

Now if I could just sell the projector or laptop that I have on Ebay I could order the Avalanche.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:21 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

i bought a 1/8 avalanch body, will come tomorrow along with all my other Redcat order.
im gonna see how it looks on my rs10 crawler.
if not that, it may end up on my brushless e-savage.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Dragonii

I ordered the HPI Jeep body, I haven't even ordered the truck yet but I stopped by the lhs today and he said he could order it for $24 and I was allready having him order a Ford Raptor body for my Df02 so what the hell...
Old 02-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Valgath

i used a proline shift losi eight 2.0 body on my earthquake 3.5 take a look at my profile for a pic of it , i had to do some cutting and adjust my front shock mount to the highest setting but it worked pretty good .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.