Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

STEEL SPUR GEAR FOUND FOR BACKDRAFT 3.5 AFTERSHOCK 3.5, AFTERSHOCK 3.0, CALDERA

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

STEEL SPUR GEAR FOUND FOR BACKDRAFT 3.5 AFTERSHOCK 3.5, AFTERSHOCK 3.0, CALDERA

Old 12-30-2010, 03:22 PM
1ofmyfuns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STEEL SPUR GEAR FOUND FOR BACKDRAFT 3.5 AFTERSHOCK 3.5, AFTERSHOCK 3.0, CALDERA

Thought this STEEL SPURGEARsourcemight come in handy for anyone having spur gear issues with their Buggy or Truck
( AFTERSHOCK 3.5, AFTERSHOCK 3.0, BACKDRAFT 3.5, CALDERA,) I have seen where people have had some issues with this stockpart, and if I ever do with my Backdraft 3.5 Nitro I'll be going for this repalcement as well as some of the other stainless steel & aluminium parts for my Buggy.

Hope this helps someone and if anyone else who sells Redcat parts on this forum offers these items let us know so we will have as many sources as possible on the upgrades offered.

ShanG.

http://www.rufaster.com/steelspurgear39t.aspx
Old 01-03-2011, 07:05 PM
gritsandeggs

Default RE: STEEL SPUR GEAR FOUND FOR BACKDRAFT 3.5 AFTERSHOCK 3.5, AFTERSHOCK 3.0, CALDERA

Isn't the 39T is slightly smaller than the 43T? If it is, wouldn't it increase top speed or take off? 
Also would the slipper from the 43T stock gear fit the 39T?
Old 01-03-2011, 07:13 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: STEEL SPUR GEAR FOUND FOR BACKDRAFT 3.5 AFTERSHOCK 3.5, AFTERSHOCK 3.0, CALDERA

ORIGINAL: gritsandeggs

Isn't the 39T is slightly smaller than the 43T? If it is, wouldn't it increase top speed or take off?
Also would the slipper from the 43T stock gear fit the 39T?
i slipper will work with either spur gear.
a smaller spur gear will increase top speed, but sacrafice some low-end grunt. i personally would stick with the stock spur size.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:03 AM
gritsandeggs

ok 1 quick question: (new here) if Ireduce the bell gear and reduce the spur would it A, give me more take off and more over all speed? Or B, balance equal to larger gears that are stock? the gear ratio stock is 49/18 and considering 43/16
Old 01-17-2011, 08:19 AM
johnr2604

You will not be able to pick up top speed AND acceleration by changing the gearing in most cases. With gearing you get one or the other. Top end gets sacrificed with acceleration and visa- versa. From what I can tell with the gearing you posted you will gain a little top end over stock and loose a little bottom end, but not near as much s if you left the bell gear stock and went to the smaller spur gear.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Ncarmi101

Anybody know if this spur gear will fit the caldera 10E or just the nitro version???

Old 01-17-2011, 05:12 PM
johnr2604

Pretty sure its just the nitro version, The 10e looks like it has a different trans setup
Old 01-17-2011, 06:15 PM
gritsandeggs

Iam not sure if it will work. However, I ordered a gear from a different redcat and it fit my backdraft. My suggestion is to askredcat or if you have a few bucks to spare, order the gear to check it out. Iam also wondering if any other brand parts fit the redcats. Hopups etc.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:59 AM
bucheron56

there no a big difference between the first and second gear, so which gear i should change the pinion or other. the pinion are 18t/19t is not a big difference.