Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Problems with Earthquake 3.5

Old 02-11-2011, 08:54 PM
1ofmyfuns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problems with Earthquake 3.5

All the ranting and frustration I spewed here was completely uncalled for so....... I have edited each post I made here and deleted it, I dont want anyone and especially any noob's coming on here and seeing a bunch of negative garbage like I had put down, it was unfair and stupid on my part and no one will ever see this kinda thing from me here ever again and in my opinion the people who insist on going completely over the top just need to find another hobbie or go and get that other brand and not try to start a bunch of meaningless trouble.

I'm done with this and have a clear head on these points made now...............Peace
Old 02-12-2011, 10:50 AM
SMOKEFAN

I want noobs to understand you will find success and a much less overall cost if you go to a major branded product. I feel this manufacture has done nothing for this hobby to grow. Sucess for rookies is having something that runs, requires little work, and has parts availbility.

Everything you spoke about in this thread is 100% correct. As a machinist by trade your true opinion on quality didnt change overnight. Deep down you wont be purchasing another redcat product EVER
Old 02-12-2011, 01:33 PM
cswtornado

<meta charset="utf-8">
^^^
Everything you said was called for. If this thread was up when I got my RedCat Tornado I wouldn't have bought it... I'd be $350 better off. More to put into my HPI Savage, which is a money pit. Because I use the money I don't spend in parts for upgrades. And still breaks parts.... when I jump it 40+ feet in the air and it lands upside down. So I screw on another $3 suspension arm and keep bashing. I had my RedCrap for a year and it paid for itself twice in repairs.... Granted, I was a noob, but none of them were noob problems. Crappy tire compounds, aluminum worse than Integy's butter.... You name it.

Me and a bud did a bash session with both, racing eachother on road and into a ditch, the Savage went for two days with not a single problem, however the RedCat broke an A arm, shock tower, servo, 2 dogbones, and the antenna by the middle of the first day. We also treated the Savvy to MCUH more pain than the RedCat. We sent the cat into the woods once (which is where it got busted up) but the Savage got rammed into brick walls at half throttle, landed upside down onto pavement off jumps, and went into the woods just like the buggy.

The only Chinese RC chassis I would ever buy would be an on-road. However, I do like RedCat's electronics (ezrun in another buddies traxxas slash) and they do their best to stick by their questionable products. The problem is with the designers, not RedCat.
But I still don't advise anyone to buy one.</meta>
Old 02-12-2011, 06:07 PM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

[quote]ORIGINAL: cswtornado

<meta charset=''utf-8''>
^^^
Everything you said was called for. If this thread was up when I got my RedCat Tornado I wouldn't have bought it... I'd be $350 better off. More to put into my HPI Savage, which is a money pit. Because I use the money I don't spend in parts for upgrades. And still breaks parts.... when I jump it 40+ feet in the air and it lands upside down. So I screw on another $3 suspension arm and keep bashing. I had my RedCrap for a year and it paid for itself twice in repairs.... Granted, I was a noob, but none of them were noob problems. Crappy tire compounds, aluminum worse than Integy's butter.... You name it.

Me and a bud did a bash session with both, racing eachother on road and into a ditch, the Savage went for two days with not a single problem, however the RedCat broke an A arm, shock tower, servo, 2 dogbones, and the antenna by the middle of the first day. We also treated the Savvy to MCUH more pain than the RedCat. We sent the cat into the woods once (which is where it got busted up) but the Savage got rammed into brick walls at half throttle, landed upside down onto pavement off jumps, and went into the woods just like the buggy.

The only Chinese RC chassis I would ever buy would be an on-road. However, I do like RedCat's electronics (ezrun in another buddies traxxas slash) and they do their best to stick by their questionable products. The problem is with the designers, not RedCat.
But I still don't advise anyone to buy one. </meta>
[/quote
This is sort of like comparing a tank to a passenger 4WD truck to see which is more durable; now if you would have done a comparison to say a Redcat Avalanche XP to a Savage it would have been a better match.