Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Caldera 10E radio question

Stock radio and receiver and the range is only about 15-20 yards. Any ideas? I did bind the receiver to my other transmitter and same problem so i'm sure it is the receiver. The antenna wire runs under the battery wires when it goes into thr receiver box. would this be the problem?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Caldera 10E radio question

I get 100 yards or so with my stock caldera 10e radio/receiver, but I have the older set-up (where the ESC and receiver are seperated). If thetransmitter batteriesare at full voltage, then try arranging the antenna away from any high current wires like the battery or ESC, as they couldpossibly induce interference.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

also make sure the antenna on the RX has not damage. a tiny nick in the wire will cause interferance.
    i usually mount my RX on the upper chassis plate, right in front of the rear shock tower. keeping it as far from the ESC as possible.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

I had the same problem with my caldera 3.0. It did turn out to be the reciever. I replaced the reciever and know I can drive it as far as I can see it.