Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Be strong my fellow winter RCers...Sring is around the corner!

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Be strong my fellow winter RCers...Sring is around the corner!

Old 02-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Kenny Powers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be strong my fellow winter RCers...Sring is around the corner!

Iam extremely grateful that Iwas able to get two full days of amazing RCing in this weekend. The weather finally broke in the Northeast this week which allowed all of the snow to melt and even dry up the ground a bit. This allowed me to get some much needed and awesome RCing in, as well. It was like fall with all of the leaves and grass getting kicked up by my Aftershock. I even laughed and smiled when I hit a small twig or rough patch in the grass at top speed and watched my ride roll and flip end over end, sustainingzero damage, because it's a Redcat, of course. Ididn't even wince or tense up when this happened. I was merely happy to be riding in mid February. Though, as the weathermen/women predicted, winter returned with full vengeance at exactly 5PM, EST, and was slightly saddened, however, just having the two glorious days gave me hope that winter will soon be over and I will be soon tearing it up on a daily basis.

Be strong my fellow winter Rcers...our time will soon be at hand to ride, bash and kick up endless amounts of dirt and grass soon again.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:38 AM
R-U-FASTER

Default RE: Be strong my fellow winter RCers...Sring is around the corner!

Kenny were in Northern Ky so we had about the same spring teasad but hey, Im just glad we had a couple great days. Big time rain storms today..LOL
Old 02-21-2011, 08:31 AM
electricrc68
Banned

i can't wait for spring. except for when it rains in the spring..........thats gonna suck.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:10 PM
1ofmyfuns

Come on down to Texas guys we are dry and 70's right now mid day and 40's-50's at night under star-e skies

We do have rain in the forecast for Wednesday evening or night,  and we will still have some winter here before we are done but nothing like what you fella's have up there, my wife and I have family in Ohio, Kentucky and Alaska and they always stick their noses up at us in a joking way and envy us a bit this time of year because we start having pretty good weather off an on most of the time, spring time will be solid on us in about 3 weeks......and then we are warm to very Hot until late Oct. to mid Nov. we dont have much winter here but because of this when we do it hurts us more, like yesterday it was in the 70's and last night it was around 30.....

we sometimes have 4 seasons in 24-48 hours here and that is a real pain sometimes, and then like electric68 said and then the rain comes....we need it but it sure stops my outside activity and I dont like that part much...

Oh well............patients may be a virtue...... but it sure is a hard one sometimes aint it......?

Peace
Old 02-22-2011, 08:19 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol you guys are missing out if you don't run in the snow. Soooooo much fun.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:13 AM
sherwoodGS

running my truck in the wet, snow, rain or dry would involve it actually running for more than 5 miniutes.  sorry to vent but i am very frustrated right now.  wish i could just enjoy this thing.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:55 PM
electricrc68
Banned

<pre>i don't run in the wet even though my car is waterproof. i just HATE rusted nails and other metal pieces.</pre>
Old 02-23-2011, 01:02 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sherwoodGS

running my truck in the wet, snow, rain or dry would involve it actually running for more than 5 miniutes. sorry to vent but i am very frustrated right now. wish i could just enjoy this thing.
lol I know the feeling. My CEN would shred clutchbells every 10-15 tanks or so. By the time some snow came around that a monster truck would be suited for it was torn down and I was waiting on a touring car to get here by mail.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Kenny Powers

Ihear ya! I was thinking about water proofing my Aftershock, however, Ido not want rusted screws and other parts, as well.

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

<pre>i don't run in the wet even though my car is waterproof. i just HATE rusted nails and other metal pieces.</pre>
Old 02-23-2011, 11:44 PM
Goatcrapp

with my first aftershock ( a 3.5 nitro)- one thing i noticed was that the factory plastics are already borderline acceptable. Cold makes plastics brittle, and things broke easier. Just got another aftershock, and i'll likely only run it in 50*weather or better.

however - i've been having a ton of fun in the snow with my MGT8.0 - no rust (most stuff on it is plastic or stainless - and air compressor to dry it after a run) and it tkes a beating and a half. Just waterproof your servos

I can't wait until spring to give my new 8e a try.