Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Other bodies that fit backdraft 8e

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Other bodies that fit backdraft 8e

Old 03-14-2011, 03:24 PM
JTuepker1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Other bodies that fit backdraft 8e

Finally finished 3 hours and 12 more minutes to complete. My hair dryer is dead too from flash drying the colors.

I did have one spot on the roof that is screwed up that im not happy with but was from the blue masking tape not sealing on the vinyl mask. Sucks as it didnt show up till i started looking at pics cause jconcept bodies have a blue protective film on it. Oh well win some lose some. There will be 2 more still to go. This will now be my race body for the season and ill make one for the championship to out do this one.

And what you been waiting for PICS

and stickers still to come want to give the inside some real good drytime, just couldnt wait to post some pics for you all.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76854.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1578800   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98673.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1578801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp32813.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1578802  
Old 03-15-2011, 04:58 AM
formula87

Looks great!! so you are going to race this?  How have you been doing at the track ie keeping screws in the hubs ect................ any problems with servo saver? mine has been frustrating me lately it is very fast on track when is stays togther[].

Old 03-15-2011, 08:21 AM
JTuepker1

We have had three practice nights so far. I went through and changed over to stainless on the rest now. Took me forever to find the stainless on for the hubs, lundfords 6 bucks a screw. All metal to metal screws i put some purple loctite on them, and metal into plastic i use a thread sealant to secure them. I normally run over my buggy the night before. I have had the rear screws come loose on the rear wing but that was due to asshats not knowing how to race and tagging the back of me.

This will be my race body. First race is April 9th. Thats the season opener for my locale track. I can go the weekend before about an hour out to another track but dont care for that track. Seems to always be crap on the track and they never change it. Fill in the bad areas and wet it down and they race.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:04 PM
JTuepker1

Ok at the indoor track tonight i get out my redcat and start a few practice laps to see how the traction is and the man who runs the place comes over and tells me I cant run it unless i run it in the open class cause of the mount for the rear wing sticks down lower than the diffs. So i say ok ill take the lower portion off and use it like that. He said nope still have to run in open class. I asked why he said and i quote " cause i wont have my kid beat by a redcat buggy". I laughed at him and said ok.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:44 AM
iluvny081

ORIGINAL: JTuepker1

Ok at the indoor track tonight i get out my redcat and start a few practice laps to see how the traction is and the man who runs the place comes over and tells me I cant run it unless i run it in the open class cause of the mount for the rear wing sticks down lower than the diffs. So i say ok ill take the lower portion off and use it like that. He said nope still have to run in open class. I asked why he said and i quote '' cause i wont have my kid beat by a redcat buggy''. I laughed at him and said ok.
that guy is a total assbag. its morons like that, that bring the hobby down, you sound like you are not new to the sport so you know how it can be. but for a first timer, that could have been enough to turn him away for life.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:42 AM
JTuepker1

The fact he know the buggy and didnt know me and all he did was see the set up and told me i couldnt pissed me off. I took second the tekin is a little punch happy for the dry track and my tires are last years old set. I ordered me 4 sets of new tires. 2 sets of NIB parada and 2 sets of NIB racing spikes.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:46 PM
St33v3
My Feedback: (1)

so which one fits the best? Jconcept or Vorza?
Old 03-31-2011, 06:57 AM
JTuepker1

Vorza was a little wider, the jconcepts is a good fit to get it on you have to pull the sides in the front out since redcat has the wide upper brace for the steering plate.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:11 AM
formula87

I think the JC concepts looks better.   Vorza was a bit bulky
Old 03-31-2011, 08:24 AM
JTuepker1

Started laying out my new design on the jconcepts platform.
Going to do a playing card theme.

Project name The gambler,

All spade cards used. Spade over the top of roof front nose rear and portion of the sides. The flat portion of the side will be a red trimmed card. White letter with red trim for the A K Q an then white spade on the Ace with red trim and the back ground of the card will be a carbon fiber look. Going to be a sick project. Using actual size for the playing cards. Starting the front wheels will be the 2 and spread down the side to the full ace on by the rear tire.

Spent three hours last night drawing with an dry erase marker working on layout. Will post pic as i did with the skull body.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:25 PM
All-or-Nothing

Ok at the indoor track tonight i get out my redcat and start a few practice laps to see how the traction is and the man who runs the place comes over and tells me I cant run it unless i run it in the open class cause of the mount for the rear wing sticks down lower than the diffs. So i say ok ill take the lower portion off and use it like that. He said nope still have to run in open class. I asked why he said and i quote '' cause i wont have my kid beat by a redcat buggy''. I laughed at him and said ok.

Now that is stupid. My friend who runs an Aftershock 8e says people get really upset when they lose to him. He thought one guy with a Losi was gonna wait on him in the parking lot after he took the A-Main. People have even tried to have him banned from the track because he will literally walk away from Slash's and Blitzs in the races.

What those people fail to realize is the he is a Super good driver. He could probably win with a Duratrax DT.
Atleast it gives me hope with my Aftershock chances.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:38 PM
JTuepker1

ORIGINAL: All-or-Nothing

Now that is stupid. My friend who runs an Aftershock 8e says people get really upset when they lose to him. He thought one guy with a Losi was gonna wait on him in the parking lot after he took the A-Main. People have even tried to have him banned from the track because he will literally walk away from Slash's and Blitzs in the races.

What those people fail to realize is the he is a Super good driver. He could probably win with a Duratrax DT.
Yeah went to watch tonight since mine is in pieces waiting on some aluminum sheeting to get in so i can cut a new rear tower since i changed my mount over to the Ve8 mount and wing for my redcat.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:16 AM
formula87

ORIGINAL: All-or-Nothing

Lets see some vids of your friend owning those guys LOL. Is he running a stock Aftershock?
Old 04-01-2011, 02:48 PM
All-or-Nothing

ORIGINAL: formula87

Lets see some vids of your friend owning those guys LOL. Is he running a stock Aftershock?

I'll E-Mail him and see what all he has done.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:10 PM
matt n rachael

Finally finished 3 hours and 12 more minutes to complete. My hair dryer is dead too from flash drying the colors.

I did have one spot on the roof that is screwed up that im not happy with but was from the blue masking tape not sealing on the vinyl mask. Sucks as it didnt show up till i started looking at pics cause jconcept bodies have a blue protective film on it. Oh well win some lose some. There will be 2 more still to go. This will now be my race body for the season and ill make one for the championship to out do this one.

and stickers still to come want to give the inside some real good drytime, just couldnt wait to post some pics for you all.

Awsome! Those skulls remind me of the skulls in the video game "Halo".
Old 04-02-2011, 12:12 PM
matt n rachael

Awsome! Those skulls remind me of the skulls from "Halo", the video game.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:28 PM
JTuepker1

Took me sometime on that one. The one im currently working on is even more so detailed but not so much that its making me pull what little hair i have out yet. Been working on some practice boards to make sure i get the look i want.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:12 PM
jonevans1

Nice buggy man. I was gonna order one for my backdraft buy don't know exactly what body it is. Could you tell me the exact body that is please. I know its j concepts but don't know what model the body is. You did a good job on it tho. Looks badass.