Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Backdraft / Earthquake 8e battery box mods.

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Backdraft / Earthquake 8e battery box mods.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:17 AM
formula87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backdraft / Earthquake 8e battery box mods.

I want to know if anyone has done any Backdraft / Earthquake 8e battery box mods. I had my Backdraft at the LHS track and was going great bit cold out and took a hard landing on the lid (which shattered)and the left side battery box or hold down broke off. I wanted to do a velcro strap mod like on the HPI Vorza Buggy or HB d8 anyone done this yet?
Old 02-22-2011, 08:59 AM
JTuepker1

Default RE: Backdraft / Earthquake 8e battery box mods.

Was thinking of dremeling a slot into the end of the boxes myself and loop on both ends of the battery to the standard holddown area. But the factory havent failed yet. So not toyed with that.

What diff fluid you running in your 8e. On mine i am running 5 in front 7 in center and 2500 in rear. 50 weight in front shocks and 35 in rear and set suspension to where rear cv are level then leveled the front suspension to the rear. Seems to handle perfect for the track here.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:47 AM
formula87

ORIGINAL: JTuepker1

Was thinking of dremeling a slot into the end of the boxes myself and loop on both ends of the battery to the standard holddown area. But the factory havent failed yet. So not toyed with that.

What diff fluid you running in your 8e. On mine i am running 5 in front 7 in center and 2500 in rear. 50 weight in front shocks and 35 in rear and set suspension to where rear cv are level then leveled the front suspension to the rear. Seems to handle perfect for the track here.
Yea, I need to do a mod on the battery box .............. I think I posted on here awhile back about the diffs and fluid made some vids on it also shimming changeing fluid.ect posted in the how too vid section.... I am running what you are 2000 in the rear 7000 center and 5000 front
shock are 25/35 weight. this thing is so heavy when I crash (which is a lot) it does a lot of damage. Looking to run E buggy here at my LHS track when it warms up.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:07 PM
JTuepker1

just pulled up a pick on the from the schematic search on redcats site. The original mounts has 2 slots to loop and glue the velcro to the underside and bring around the side of battery and secure it that way. Might check my local harbor freight store to see if they have any doublesided velcro.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:44 PM
formula87

Okay got some velcro from wal mart $5 took the battery boxes off frnt and rear and cut the velcro and just put the strips between the battbox and the chassis and screwed back together Rock soild and looks cleaner I will post a vid ran at the track and landed hard a few times but the lipos stayed put......... Redcat should do thison allthe 8E series!!!. I will post a vid on what I did.......... simple and easy and you don't have to mess with the clips (pain in the ass).
Old 02-23-2011, 06:53 PM
foxys

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ihave to admit the clips are a waste of time. velcro just makes everything easier. Maybe for the next version of the 8e's.