Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

help? bad something

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 07:11 PM
jpdmole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help? bad something

ok ivegot a caldera 10 e with a hobbywing 35a esc 3750kv bl mtr 3800mah nimh battery and fs gt2 radio system worked great first week but heres my problem. after putting the battery in the car i have to wait right at 2 mins before anything will respond then only steering until 3 mins then i get throttle but its hit and miss.then when it does work i have right at 5 seconds lag from when i use tx till it reactsreplaced the tx batts twice but no differance set the throttle end points on esc (made no differance) re routed rx wires away from esc and motor wires but still the same problem. never been near any puddles. now if i rebind then it works fine for 30 seconds to 1 min then same thing. replaced tamiya connectors with deans and have 8.4v at battery in car so i dont think thats the problem. triple checked every wire and connection find nothing. i dont have another tx/rx system to test with and dont really want to buy another if i dont have to. both antennas are good no breaks no kinks.when ihit the switch fan on esc runs servo twitchssignal light on rx flashes once then off untill the 2 min mark then steadyon. have adjusttrims but makes no differance. im at a lost as to what could be wrong. any help would be greatly appereticated
Old 02-25-2011, 07:18 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: help? bad something

ORIGINAL: jpdmole

ok ive got a caldera 10 e with a hobbywing 35a esc 3750kv bl mtr 3800mah nimh battery and fs gt2 radio system worked great first week but heres my problem. after putting the battery in the car i have to wait right at 2 mins before anything will respond then only steering until 3 mins then i get throttle but its hit and miss.then when it does work i have right at 5 seconds lag from when i use tx till it reacts replaced the tx batts twice but no differance set the throttle end points on esc (made no differance) re routed rx wires away from esc and motor wires but still the same problem. never been near any puddles. now if i rebind then it works fine for 30 seconds to 1 min then same thing. replaced tamiya connectors with deans and have 8.4v at battery in car so i dont think thats the problem. triple checked every wire and connection find nothing. i dont have another tx/rx system to test with and dont really want to buy another if i dont have to. both antennas are good no breaks no kinks. when i hit the switch fan on esc runs servo twitchs signal light on rx flashes once then off untill the 2 min mark then steady on. have adjust trims but makes no differance. im at a lost as to what could be wrong. any help would be greatly appereticated
the rx light going off and then coming back on later is not right at all.
i would 1st try re-binding the Rx to the Tx. the vid here shows how:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8-O7ZGga3w
the fsgt2 and the redcat dsm2c are the same radio.

if that doesnt help, then i would feel that either you Rx or Tx is faulty. that light on the Rx should come on and stay on solid.
and i cant think of any reason that any other componant would cause the light to go out....then come back on 2 min later, other than the rx or tx being bad.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:22 PM
jpdmole

when i rebind it will work for 30 seconds to a min then same problem so should i start with the rx or tx or replace both its less the two weeks old so maybe warranty?
Old 02-25-2011, 08:06 PM
formula87

call Redcat or pm one of them on here and they can help.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:28 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

when i rebind it will work for 30 seconds to a min then same problem so should i start with the rx or tx or replace both its less the two weeks old so maybe warranty?
if its from redcat and less than a month old than its under warrenty and they will replace it. they may ask you to ship it to them, but thats like $5 instead of $30 for a new one(thats what they cost on hobbypartz.com i think)
Old 02-25-2011, 08:53 PM
jpdmole

im going to contact redcat and get it replaced asap i really like this truck and its been really frustrating trying to figure out what was wrong. thank you for helping me figure it out
Old 02-26-2011, 07:28 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

im going to contact redcat and get it replaced asap i really like this truck and its been really frustrating trying to figure out what was wrong. thank you for helping me figure it out
yeh, just fill out the warrenty form: http://www.redcatracing.com/informat...anty-form.html