Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

steering link

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 05:21 PM
sherwoodGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering link

has anyone ever had this problem?
on my eq-8e, the screws that hold the steering linkage arms (BS903-030) into the steering link (MPO-11) are too high and catch on the bottom of the front upper deck (BS803-011). i can't get the screws in any more as i've already stripped them and replaced them twice. what the heck!!!! seems like poor design. are the screws supposed to be flat/countersink type? that does not make sense but those are the kind it came with.....??????
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wu61918.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	454.7 KB
ID:	1572808   Click image for larger version

Name:	to44577.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	410.1 KB
ID:	1572809  
Old 03-03-2011, 05:45 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: steering link

i just took a good long look at the same parts on my 8E. the left side(driver side) screw head just nearly touches the upper deck. the other side has 1/8 inch of clearance. my screws and parts looks the same as in your pics.
maybe your blue metal bell crank(the thing the steering links bolt to) isnt sitting right? if its up to much it could cause your problem.

even tho 1 of my screws touches the upper deck, its not nearly enough to cause an issue. in one of your pics it looks like you already trimmed some of the upper deck to get more clearance?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:56 PM
sherwoodGS

thanks again nitro.
no i haven't trimmed the upper deck yet but i think that will have to be my next move.  the weather is better around here and i want to get this sucker out and bashing.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:59 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the upper deck is pretty thick. shaving alittle off the bottom so the screws will have clearance wont hurt anything. seems like the easiest way to solve the problem to me.

i still have awhile before good weather arrives, still lots of snow here.

i have been busy building a indoor crawler course in my basement! gotta have something RC related to do when its 15 degrees outside and the wind is blowing
Old 03-04-2011, 12:51 PM
sherwoodGS

i took off the top plate and dremelled the crap out of the underside of it. it did the trick. thanks for the advice nitro.